1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Landing Bass Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Nov 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    Well I decided to put D'Addario ETB92S Nylon Tapewound strings on my Landing.....the Dark Star pups really like those strings....it really sounds killer now and lots of growl.....had to raise the action slightly (I prefer low action) so I guess the action is medium low now but these strings make my hands fly, I started playing stuff I hadn't played in a long time and I feel inspired once again.....

2. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    Bassist - Chasing Dragons
    I have a Landing in the post :D

3. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    I've been restraining myself from e-mailing Jimmy again. I'm thinking mine is waiting for the finish to cure and some buffing. Closer every day...!

4. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    Jimmy's awesome, i wouldnt worry about emailing him... we must have exchanged about 200 emails hahaha :)

Great guy!

5. thomashawk

thomashawk

Jun 29, 2010
    New York, NY
    Agreed. My bass has taken almost 18 months so far (I share some of the blame), but consistent contact is never at issue. Email him for any reason whatsoever; he's amazing with emails. Just don't take time from him finishing my bass!!! ;-)

6. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    true true true! You should see the paint job... its epic!! ill post some pics when it arrives!

7. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    Heres some of my bad boy!!

Attached Files:

Bassplayer315 likes this.
  8. RobBobBass

RobBobBass

Jul 14, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Hi fellow Landing players!

Just found this thread. I have been a proud Landing owner for over three years. Jimmy delivered excellent customer service and an outstanding product.

Some specs - L232 Ash Body, Maple neck/board, gold hardware, gold mirror pick guard, Dual EMG 35 pick ups. on board equalizer, "Fender" Electric Red paint.

Jimmy actually has my Bass on his web site. Let me tell you, it never gets old having people ask about this Bass. They really dig the sound and the look. I always talk Jimmy up when describing it. I like to think of it as a Fender on Steroids that kicks a lot of ass and never gets tired : )

Anyone thinking of a short or medium scale bass needs to consider Landing.

Throw me a number, this was a great idea.

~RobBob

9. N.F.A.

N.F.A.

Jun 25, 2009
    In a blue funk
    I'm still waiting on mine. It is going to be a medium scale, with a graphite neck from Moses. Pups will be a MM and Jazz with a 2 band preamp. Not sure how far out it is though.

Bassplayer315 likes this.
  10. RobBobBass

RobBobBass

Jul 14, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    ONE MORE PIC

[​IMG][/IMG]

11. DWest1981

DWest1981 Supporting Member

May 5, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Rob, that's one classy looking instrument! Eupharies, that's certainly quite the paint job. From the thumbnail it almost looks like a bowling ball swirl kind of finish, but then up close it's obviously not. Kinda like avant garde pointillism.

I just got in touch with Jimmy a few days ago and apparently the holidays were a little chaotic for him, but he reports steady progress in the shop so I doubt there's anything to worry about. As everyone's said, he's always been great about communicating things and even after a long gap in emails (which I was fine with) his reply to my first message in four months came back within 30 minutes. Pretty good by any standard!

Best,
    DW

12. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    WOW that's quite the paint job eupharies....are you wanting a # ?????

13. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    RobBobBass you will be known as Number Nine.......#9

That's a beauty right there......

14. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    1. loopee
    2. banditcosmo
    3. DWest1981
    4. fesem
    5. vroc38
    6. wideyes
    7. eCowboy
    8. MCML
    9. RobBobBass

15. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    Yep i best take a number :D

16. DWest1981

DWest1981 Supporting Member

May 5, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Wow, is that really all there are? Man, I've gotta start making more inconsequential posts in this topic so it pops up more often on the front page of the forum and attracts more Landing players.

Posts... like this one :D

DW

17. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Yea we have to be one of the smallest clubs on here.

18. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Just got an update from Jimmy. Besides the Holiday slowdown, he had some time-consuming "bad, bad, bad" computer problems taking him away from productive activities. He did promise me some pics soon. Anticipation...!!!

19. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    No. 10 for you eupharies

yes, we are not many but I'm sure there are more of us out there

20. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    Jimmy's been busy with me, im in the UK, bass was posted 17th of jan with usps and took 3 weeks to then leave the local post office, he is not a happy man!

Hes been so awesome sorting it though, cant speak highly enough of him!