1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Landing Bass Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Nov 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    My L32P went from "fast-track" to 'back-track'. It will be worth the wait, but my patience gland is getting a serious work out. ;) The pickups (NP-4) have arrived by now, but Jimmy is working up body number two. When inquiring about typical finished instrument weights, I learned that the pattern Jimmy uses for bodies is the Stratocaster. The answer was that eight pounds is typical...

2. DWest1981

DWest1981 Supporting Member

May 5, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Spiritbass, I've got an L30P that's getting an NP-4 from the same batch and I'm really looking forward to it arriving too. I have no idea when that will be, but judging from past experiences I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait.

Best,
    DW

3. N.F.A.

N.F.A.

Jun 25, 2009
    In a blue funk
    Jimmy just emailed me to say that mine is almost ready! Must use patience....excitement is heavy...

4. spiritbass

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    I have yet to experience a Nordstrand pickup. I have heard/read excellent things about them - that is one factor that is fueling my anticipation. :hyper:

5. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    Yes, I had to decide between Nordstrand and Dark Star.....the DS won but I wouldn't mind another one.....

Sure Thomashawk....I can give you 13 since DaveTomasi doesn't mind.....whatever #'s you want is fine with me....I'm just going down the line.....so #13 for Thomas and #14 for Dave? Is that OK with everyone?

N.F.A. and Spiritbass.....can't wait to see what you get either......Jimmy had to make a 2nd bass for me too, the first one was too heavy though he knew from the beginning that it had to be a lightweight but it was still just a tad too much but he ended up selling it to another person the very next day......

As for soundclips....I'm not really set up to do those and frankly, my playing sucks....but I'll see what I can do.....if anyone else would like to add some soundclips, please be my guests......not one Landing is the same as the other so it would be great to hear what the differences are......

Bassplayer315 likes this.
  6. DaveTomasi

DaveTomasi Gold Supporting Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Baltimore, Maryland
    14 it is! Thanks Loopee.

7. spiritbass

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Amberburst goodness:

22222222222222222.jpg

8. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    that's a nice amberburst.....

9. thomashawk

thomashawk

Jun 29, 2010
    New York, NY
    WOW, thanks everyone. I feel like we just bent the time/space continuum ;-) I'll take 13, but my original comment had more to do with how soon I was hoping to actually receive the bass as opposed to my member number. I grew up on enough metal to dig the #13 though.

10. spiritbass

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    I concur. It's one of my two favorites that Jimmy does. The other is his "Transatlantic Blue":

L32T20-20TA20Blue20for20WEB20JPG.jpg

11. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    hmmm....time/space continuum.....I like that....

Actually, I figured so much.....you looking forward to having your bass asap but I thought, let's just go with it....and there you have it.....#13......actually #13 is a lucky number for me......I usually try to snag it myself.....but since I have #1 on this thread....I really couldn't do any better than that.....lol

12. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    yes, I really like that.....when I got mine it was between blue or red translucent then I went for the Olympic White

go figure....

13. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Can Jimmy even get Dark Star's anymore ? I thought they are no longer available.

14. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    Not available any more......sad to say

15. N.F.A.

N.F.A.

Jun 25, 2009
    In a blue funk
    Jimmy just emailed me and mine is finally ready and boxed up for shipping. I will have it this week! A picture teaser for you guys.
    image001.gif

16. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    Oh WOW......I like the new headstock and all the buttons and the way he carved the lower bout to better play the high notes......what preamp do you have in there?

By the way, your # is 15....and welcome

17. N.F.A.

N.F.A.

Jun 25, 2009
    In a blue funk
    The neck is actually a Moses graphite neck and not one of Jimmy's. That's why the headstock is different. It is an East 2 band preamp. (Stingray clone) The MM pup is also switchable to single coil or humbucker. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Thanks for the number.

18. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Jimmy Sent me some pic's of your bass. So cool love it ! Is that your body design ?

19. N.F.A.

N.F.A.

Jun 25, 2009
    In a blue funk
    Thanks! Jimmy designed this. It should cover all my different tonal needs.

20. spiritbass

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    This bass has a hungry look to it. Maybe it's looking to eat a Stingray for breakfast? :D Coolest departure from the old standard body shapes that I've seen for a while. Is that a coil tap for the bridge in front of the knobs?