1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Markbass Club - the beat goes on, and on....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chef, Apr 27, 2012.

1. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    4F0084CF-A593-4387-BC52-A25E7EBD3096.jpeg

2. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    That’s what I am talking about! I get my NY121 on Tuesday. Can’t wait to check out that setup!

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I still have a LittleMark III head (that I pair with some Hartke HX112s), but I truly miss the CMD121P/NY121 mini-stack-of-doom that I had. Not really sure what I was thinking when I sold those two pieces...

4. SJan3

SJan3

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    So, get 2 NY121s. The D2s look very interesting!

Deep, BillyB_from_LZ and NEBADON2000 like this.
  5. scdreger

scdreger

Nov 20, 2018
    The D2 cab does look interesting to me as I'm one of those who have bypassed the crossover and tweeter in my 121P because I didn't care for the piezo tweeter. However, I can't seem to find any first hand reviews/impressions/etc of the new NY121 D2. Anybody have any experience with it?

SJan3 likes this.
  6. SJan3

SJan3

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    I have a 121HR which has the new tweeter and it's so much nicer than the piezo. I'd imagine the 121D2 would sound very similar.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    scdreger likes this.
  7. I seem to be the minority; I have no problem with Piezo interfering with me getting tones I want from my CMD 121P. [also no hiss unless putting my ear up to it volume cranked not playing]

Now I have played mostly some form of Classic Rock [even when it was new:)] Some 80's new wave/90's alt also.

Most cabs I used over the early years that had a Horn tweeter I either turned it off or maybe at most used
    25-50% max depending on room.

Also I am not a Slap/Pop player but I can when needed and it sounds fine with CMD 121P actually smoother than with Horn [somewhat hard and harsh] I don't play Tap style or lots of Chords this may be where a tweeter may be important.

Now to what I wanted to ask:)

What kind of difference to you hear from NY121[P] AND 121HR? I trust your opinion on this one knowing you are very familiar with Markbass Products

Sparky Mark likes this.
  8. SJan3

SJan3

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    Well, for me it depends on the bass. With a P Bass the piezo sounds fine. I have a 102P and my P basses sound great through it. By contrast, my Jazz is a little edgy through that cabinet. The 121HR does a great job with both P and J basses. The high end is present but not overbearing and not edgy.
    So, while I like the 102P, I prefer the 121HR and would imagine I'd feel the same about the NY121D2.

scdreger, Deep, timplog and 1 other person like this.
  9. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    New to the club with this Nano 300. It's connected to an 8 ohm 112 Avatar cab. Tomorrow, the VT Bass pedal will demo with it! :thumbsup:
    full.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  10. agot

agot

Nov 1, 2013
    Vienna
    Got a brand new TTE 500
    Next on my List will be the Markbass Vintage Preamp IMG-20210218-WA0001.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    scottm, TrevorG, SJan3 and 3 others like this.
  11. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Awesome amp! Cool other gear in the pic too, and freaky hangers.

It's totally worth getting a solid grasp how that interactive passive EQ works. Look up "Tone Stack Calculator" and set it to "Marshall" for a fair visual representation.

12. agot

agot

Nov 1, 2013
    Vienna
    I only have a MAC and cant run the Tone Stack Calculator

13. agot

agot

Nov 1, 2013
    Vienna
    StayLow and BillyB_from_LZ like this.
  14. SJan3

SJan3

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    How are you liking the NANO 300?
    I'd love to hear your feedback on tone, power, ease of use etc.

Staccato likes this.
  15. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    There’s not much I could add to the reviews on TB. It’s not tone colored, and in the 8 ohm mode with my 112, it works well- though I have not played it out of the house. The Tone Hammer V2 pedal shown in my previous post is paired with it for any tone shaping.

It fits in the smallest of bags with room to spare.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    SJan3 likes this.
  16. khix83

khix83

May 14, 2020
    I've recently started using a band mate's LMT800 but the master volume pot seems to be stuck in one position. The knob turns, physically, but with no change in volume. Luckily it's turned up, but I'm using Gain 1 as a volume control. Clearly it's not optimal, but LOVE the tone I'm getting out of this thing and I'm considering buying it from him. However, after a few hours of research, I'm a little skeptical. I don't think any repair shops near me will work on it. I'm handy with a soldering iron, but I can't seem to find parts for it. I don't really need the push/pull mute function and my band mate thinks thats how it broke to begin with. Could anyone here point me in the right direction? Has anyone here attempted a similar repair?

17. SJan3

SJan3

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    Not sure where you live but there's a repair shop called: UPSCALE MUSIC in Newington, Ct +1 860-667-7747
    They work on MarkBass amps.

75Ric and Fred312b like this.
  18. agot

agot

Nov 1, 2013
    Vienna
    My Rig is now complete.
    IMG_20210323_225405.jpg

19. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    An amp of future legend, sat atop two 4x10 cabs, AND the latest preamp.

Plus a chair sat upon a chair and a Sandberg Forty-Eight with a ripping color scheme. Looks as much an art project as anything else.

That, sir, is a heroic dose of MarkBass!

Phaidrus, TrevorG and Deep like this.
  20. TrevorG

TrevorG Gold Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2012
    U.K.
    What’s the egg shaped thing on the pedal board?

StayLow and NEBADON2000 like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021