Official Markbass Club - the beat goes on, and on....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chef, Apr 27, 2012.

1. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    I saw your classified ad for the walkabout- that didn’t take long! :woot:

Just another +1 for the NY extension. Louder, fuller, richer- true beast of a rig! :bassist:
    E3046E53-D16A-42AE-A670-75CF52C5371D.jpeg
    (Yet still compact! :D)

SJan3, djasterix, gigetto and 3 others like this.
  2. Ahort

Ahort Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2018
    SB, CA
    Right!? :) I still love the walkabout very much but a lighter and modular rig will suit my needs better.

3. djasterix

djasterix

Jan 1, 2012
    Lima, Peru
    Hi, I'm in the need of a small and portable combo por a new proyect, will be used to practice on my apartment and play in small coffee shops (50-60 people) with a 6 string bass and companion tracks, very acoustic... Do you think the Micromark 801 will be enough?

My first choice was to go for the Marcus CMD 101 Micro 60, but there's no stock around here for the next 3 months... So the only options are the Micromark 801 or the Minimark 802, that is out of my budget...

Any advice?

CallMeAl and NEBADON2000 like this.
  4. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    If you’re talking about you solo on bass, with just backing tracks, I would think the micro 801 is enough for coffee shop. Would make a killer practice amp and I see it has an extension cabinet out which is nice

another option that comes to mind would be GK MB 110. Same price (at least it is here in the states) and you get 100w, 10” speaker and more EQ control. Only problem is it’s not Markbass and IDK if I’m allowed to suggest that here…
    :roflmao:

djasterix likes this.
  5. djasterix

djasterix

Jan 1, 2012
    Lima, Peru
    Thanks for the answer, GK doesn't sell around here, so my only options are between Markbass, Ampeg and Hartke...

CallMeAl likes this.
  6. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Looks like the Hartke HD 50 is pretty comparable to the Marcus 60 you originally wanted. Half the price… but almost double the weight!

I see you have other Markbass gear in your profile, so you have some frame of reference for the tone and performance. What’s most important— tone, portability, budget?

(not that I have the answer- just trying to stimulate the thought process!)

7. djasterix

djasterix

Jan 1, 2012
    Lima, Peru
    Thank you for your help in the decision process... I like Markbass tone that's why I love my Nanomark 300. Used to have a CMD210P combo attached to a Standard 151HR, but had to sold that rig because I wasn't using it and needed to pay the bills... Actually have the Nanomark with an old Hartke VX115 cab. That cab has great tone, and has a paper cone, not aluminium.

Tried the Hartke HD50, but that metallic tone is not my cup of tea. The Ampeg RB112 sounded good, but weights too much. So I pulled the trigger on the CMD801.

I think that the CMD801 is more neutral a has a more defined tone than the Hartke and Ampeg. Of course that is a matter of taste...

original_587c3cd7-13ec-49c0-8f29-06a73ef6dc3c_IMG_20211015_122705.jpg

8. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Awesome, enjoy! The little thing is so cute :laugh:

djasterix likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021