Official Mesa Boogie Subway Series Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rummonkey, Aug 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Rebel Rocker

Rebel Rocker

Sep 4, 2017
    Was moving stuff around trying to make more room. So why not set all the Mesa up together. IMG_4310aaa.jpg

alarius, timplog, cemunk and 26 others like this.
  2. PhinDog

PhinDog

Mar 12, 2021
    Park City, Utah
    Dang!!

3. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    Managed to get a few minutes of playtime. REALLY diggin this tone.
    57BB10F8-19A6-407A-A9C3-6F0BA73C7251.jpeg

4. Rebel Rocker

Rebel Rocker

Sep 4, 2017
    I love the WD-800. haven't had a chance to play a TT-800 yet. But I'm very happy with a WD-800 and the SW215. would love to hear it through that SW410. Bet it cranks!!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    MCF, Jim Kernan, One Way and 4 others like this.
  5. Element Zero

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    I had an 800+ for a couple years. Then the WD was announced and I sold my 800+ and bought the WD. VERY pleased with my decision. I have no doubt the 215 cab is great. My 112+115 cabs are terrific. The 410 is astoundingly perfect for me.

Kinda wish I’da gone through the Custom Shop to get a different bronco covering. In the years to come if things pick up for me at all as far as gigs I could see myself adding another 410. Maybe I’ll sell this one and get 2 410s in Vintage Bordeaux.

6. giphy (8).gif
    200 (9).gif

MCF, Element Zero and Ellery like this.
  7. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
    All you guys with massive Subway rigs: meh. ;)

I loaded one of my 115s into the car yesterday and was most pleasantly reminded how handy these are to move. And with the second one, there's not a stage it won't handle.

8. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
    MCF and DJ Bebop like this.
  9. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    There are days I wish I had two 115's, but as soon as I fire up the 112/115 combo I feel like there isn't much I don't have covered. In all honestly with the quality FOH support we usually have the 115 alone can more than cover my bases 90% of the time.

MCF, gustobassman, dmccombe7 and 8 others like this.
  10. Rebel Rocker

Rebel Rocker

Sep 4, 2017
    I didn't get this to have a massive Mesa rig. I purchased a SW115 & SW112 and really liked it. But I always love 215s so I Purchased a second 115. And had the 2 SW115s. Then the SW215 came out and I thought that's it! That's what I want in one package,. So my gig rig is a WD-800 with a SW215. My at home rig is a D-800+ with 2 SW115's. A SW112 I hardly ever use but it's there if I want to use it. I should really sale some of it. But why? It's nice to roll your gig rig in and have it ready to go again and just plug into the rig at home for practice. This all really is Agedhorse's fault. LOL

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  11. Element Zero

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    I think the Subway 115 will go down as one of the best an highest regarded cabs for a very long time.

12. Verb the Noun

Verb the Noun

Aug 1, 2018
    San Diego
    No where near as far as you went, but yeah, my 3x15 rig was never intended to be a 3x15 rig. :laugh:

MCF, DJ Bebop, Rebel Rocker and 2 others like this.
  13. I'm like that with my 210 and 115. Both great cabs on their own but superb together covering the full tonal spectrum exactly as i like it.
    Dave

One Way, agedhorse, DJ Bebop and 2 others like this.
  14. Laklandfan

Laklandfan Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    I’m torn between the 410 and 215, can you discuss what you preferred about the 15? I’ve read that the 15s go lower but not as punchy.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    DJ Bebop likes this.
  15. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    Brought the 112/115 + WD to a local rehearsal spot last night with the punk band. Smallish room, nothing out of the ordinary except the walls were fully carpeted. Getting a good sound was nearly impossible in this room.

Do carpeted walls suck up midrange? All anyone could hear was super low end and just a little up top. Baffled me as I've never encountered this. Major knob twiddling occured and I had to boost some really odd eq points (to me anyway) to get anything close to a sound. I got home and set the rig up and it sounded fine to me. Plenty of barky mids. Does carpet really wash that much sound out or am I just nuts?

16. DrThumpenstein

DrThumpenstein Living for the groove Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2015
    St Louis, MO
    SW115 punches like Tyson. Goes deep but GREAT mids with this cab. Certainly more impressive mids than any other 115 or 215 cab I’ve ever tried. And I usually keep the tweeter dialed down a bit.

Ewo, SemiDriven, One Way and 7 others like this.
  17. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    Great description! I would add that the while the low end is full and deep, those lows are well controlled/nicely focused which I also credit with helping the mids feel nicely balanced in comparison. The transition from mids to highs is also unusually seamless for a single 15" driver and a horn. It's just an exceptional cab balance-wise, especially as single 15's go IMO.

timplog, Ewo, DJ Bebop and 3 others like this.
  18. My experience with carpeted walls is that they eat some higher frequencies but still bounce most of the sound around. The lows bouncing around drown out some of the mids and highs in an uncontrollable manner making it difficult to eq your way to a good sound. Carpeted walls without additional treatment kind of suck.

smogg, Rebel Rocker, MCF and 3 others like this.
  19. Laklandfan

Laklandfan Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Id be worried the horn make OD a little harsh to the ears. Are you using a mesa amp with yours? I’m looking at the wd800 and I’m curious if there’s any hair or light od that can be coaxed from it or is it a purely clean machine.

DJ Bebop and DrThumpenstein like this.
  20. Yes they do!
    Highs down to upper mids get lost in the carpet.

It's a great environment for recording things, no room ring or reflections but not for projecting things like upper mid-bass trying to cut through a punk band mix :)

That room would be better for your other love, reggae :)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    flewis and DrThumpenstein like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021