Official Mesa Boogie Subway Series Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rummonkey, Aug 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
    I feel so special.

2. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    Sometimes it's not such a great deal to be special! The good news is that these things occasionally happen in every product line and at least Mesa is right up front and totally transparent about it while standing 100% behind their warranty.

I've not been so lucky with some other commercial products with other big name companies where I was the special guy. :rollno:

Jazzdogg, Das Jugghead, smogg and 4 others like this.
  3. bdplaid

Aug 31, 2007
    You don't have to tell me this, they've already stepped up with both transparency and support.

DJ Bebop, jwindham, One Way and 2 others like this.
  4. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    I hear you. I just wish every company would be this forthcoming and then do the responsible thing. Even though it's a pain and bit disappointing to have a problem, there is something reassuring about folks wanting to make it right without needing to have their arm twisted.

DJ Bebop, AEVAREX, Jazzdogg and 6 others like this.
  5. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    Indeed. They are the companies like the loser that stole my daughters LOCKED mike at the bike rack today. I mean, most middle aged women carry bolt cutters right?

DJ Bebop likes this.
  6. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Can't decide on Track-Loc placement on my 212... I may be over-thinking this :) Probably last one is best as it re-uses the rubber foot holes...

F1E60869-4335-46B3-B712-3DABF3BCBE69.jpeg 164BA6D1-11EA-456E-B20D-3DBED776F0F1.jpeg B6F2CB7C-DC6A-4DC0-9F2C-AC841FBB7299.jpeg 64E59AEB-64C3-4E33-91F7-69C737727A6B_1_201_a.jpeg 950D96FB-9FC0-48FA-8C2D-95CDCCEE31A9.jpeg

DJ Bebop likes this.
  7. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    imo 2 or 4 seems ok
    edit: meant to say 2 or 5

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021 at 7:07 AM
    DJ Bebop likes this.
  8. Taustin Powers

Taustin Powers Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Berlin, Germany
    DJ Bebop, Jazzdogg, One Way and 2 others like this.
  9. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    Number 5 looks like the only option...
    The falling cab has happened to me...cough..Jim Bergantino/Sadowsky

950d96fb-9fc0-48fa-8c2d-95cdccee31a9-jpeg.jpg

timplog and DJ Bebop like this.
  10. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Yes, that's why I'm looking at all the different placement options.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  11. Bassi5t

Bassi5t

Jul 18, 2017
    Maybe trim the corner pieces to allow for max separation between casters. Maybe you can reuse the corer holes (I do t think so but maybe). Also, if you sell the cab (blasphemy!) you can just get 4 replacement corners to make it normal… A toppled cab makes for sad musicians.

murphy and DJ Bebop like this.
  12. projectapollo

projectapollo Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    You could go with a do-no-harm platform solution. I love mine. Very stable. The larger rubber wheels are smooth rolling. Originally made for a Walkabout Scout.....

upload_2021-10-14_8-49-14.jpeg

murphy, timplog, DJ Bebop and 8 others like this.
  13. Geri O

Geri O Endorsing Artist, Mike Lull Guitars and Basses Gold Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    This is the route I went. I simply made a 4-wheel tray that an SW115 sits in. I stack 2 115s on it and strap them together. I had LeCover make a cover that fits over the entire stack. It goes in and out easily of my SUV, a trailer or truck, or in a bus bay. Occasionally, I’ll unstrap the stack and use only one cab.

These pics of the track wheels are intriguing, though. I’ll be looking into them.

murphy, DJ Bebop and One Way like this.
  14. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    Caster-boards are common in the pro audio industry on speakers where wheels typically rattle in subs, though casters are generally not placed on the bottom of subs because we don’t want them to move around on their own. They are usually used on the face protection board and the subs roll face down, or stacked on a caster board.

I think #5 is the most practical but I wouldn’t worry about the existing holes.

Be sure you use the proper recessed hardware, and I really recommend T-nuts rather than threading directly into the wood.

timplog, Al Kraft, Geri O and 4 others like this.
  15. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Bay Area
    Here's my update on trying out the Diamond comp with my TT800. Put it on my board, plugged everything in, no light, and no signal will pass through. Tried different cables (including power cable) which I know to work. Nothing. It's DOA. I hope the seller is fair. I think it's a sign that I really don't need a compressor with this amp.

Rich67 and DJ Bebop like this.
  17. Had similar experience with diamond.
    Apparently jack is slightly different.
    Had to get factory diamond wall wart.

DJ Bebop and lermgalieu like this.
  18. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Bay Area
    Yikes. I don't want a dang wall wart.

19. bdplaid

Aug 31, 2007
    Diamond will work with any power supply but on the full size model the power jack is inverted. Diamond supplies new comps with a power phase inverter cable. And they seem to work best with 18V.

Wangopengo and DJ Bebop like this.
  20. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    The Diamond Bass Comp Jr has the standard plug. I waited for one of those to show up because I didn't want the hassle of an extra power supply either. I run mine off an 18v port from my CS6.

Rich67, DJ Bebop and bdplaid like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021