1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Mesa Boogie Subway Series Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rummonkey, Aug 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. gotly

gotly

Jun 28, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Shot from a brewery gig tonight during setup. Don’t worry we did a little more cord management before we started.

Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 with a Sansamp Bass Fly Rig playing Ska.

C3FBBF01-C166-4FFC-A691-F2CD396B9CC2.

Lex P., Ellery, Element Zero and 2 others like this.
  2. _Some Dude

_Some Dude

Sep 14, 2016
    [Random Thoughts]

With the D800 I really liked the 210/115 setup... but with the WD800 I seem to heavily favour the 115 and think I’d rather ditch the 210 and run a pair of 115s instead.

[/Random Thoughts]

DJ Bebop and Ellery like this.
  3. MyMusic

MyMusic

Jun 1, 2010
    Dover, De
    Two 115's is always a good idea!!!!:):):)

DJ Bebop, Ellery and Element Zero like this.
  4. I have a 2x12 special order right now thru Sweetwater that your shop is adding casters to. Had open heart surgery a year ago and this will make it much easier to move around. I could have installed them myself but I fiqured you worked some magic at the shop when you install them, and I was right!

Element Zero and scottm like this.
  5. agedhorse

agedhorse SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Nice rig

This is the reason why the cabinets are designed to allow for coherent mixing between models. Different combinations have different strengths and weaknesses, or might appeal to different tastes.

DJ Bebop, Ellery, BeeTL and 1 other person like this.
  6. zenrad

zenrad Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Bergen County, NJ
    Good to know, thanks.

7. Heading to Petaluma tomorrow morning to hopefully pick up rack ears for my new WD-800!

8. Mmmm Petaluma

DJ Bebop likes this.
  9. I was able to go to the factory a few years ago with MattDean and a few other TB’ers to check out the Prodigy, Strategy, and take the tour! Unfortunately I had to leave early to go to work, so I didn’t get to go to lunch down the street with everyone, but what a good time that was!

lermgalieu likes this.
  10. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Auckland, New Zealand
    A6F4DF90-1D02-4E8E-A16A-44EA68EB6AED. AE950F0A-A034-461A-A8CC-6E83D2A34C0D. Another big gig last Saturday with the Mesa rig. Man it sounds mean! The Subway 212 replaced my Barefaced Six10, no regrets at all. Deep lows, cutting mids and clear highs. Amp set flat, Bass in passive mode, so easy! The keyboard player recorded this gig on his phone and the bass sound is fantastic. I’ll post a sound clip.

don1, MTN.bass72, Iv@N and 14 others like this.
  11. I’ve been up there for a while-I-waited repair to my Subway 15 but I need to get the tour someday!

12. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Love the bass, too!

DJ Bebop and Mark Hughes like this.
  13. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
    I'm currently using a D800+ with a SW115 with my rock band. Plenty loud. One of my band members said he thought I should have a bigger amp. I said I could add my other 115. Still not quite big enough. Not that he couldn't hear it, it was a visual thing. So maybe I need a SW 115 built into an SVT cab?

DJ Bebop, Xansky, Cracker7 and 3 others like this.
  14. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

Get a high res photo of a ph810.
    And make a 3d mockup (foldable lightweight) and put your Mesa rig behind it.

15. ahc

ahc

Jul 31, 2009
    No. Virginia
    Then he/she should buy it for you or "for the band".

16. bdplaid

Aug 31, 2007
    I'd suggest it, but it would probably be some crap not remotely approaching what I have now.

When the guy said it, I immediately thought it was an opportunity to get the 215, but then I realized how small it is.

If they really want me to go big visually, I'm thinking another 1 or 2 115s, for a total of 3-4, ought to do it.

OTOH, two 115s on the floor with a 215 laying across the top, well, you can't argue with that.

DJ Bebop, scottm and FirewalZ like this.
  17. bdplaid

Aug 31, 2007
    I had the idea of just getting a printed scrim to place in front of my cab, about 6ft by 6ft, with one big speaker on it. I'm kinda liking the idea!

18. dab12ax7ef

dab12ax7ef Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    New Cab Day! I finally got a Subway 1x12 to go with my recent D-800+! I sold off a lot of older heavy weight stuff to almost partially fund the new rig.

I cannot be happier! This cab absolutely kills, but everyone here already knows that. I hope to get a second 1x12 eventually, but one will probably cover 99% of my needs. Thanks Mesa team for the fantastic products!
    60587443-E539-4EB1-9544-97FB1FDD8007.

19. thumbs&fingers

thumbs&fingers Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Illinois
    Could you imagine telling a guitarists his cabs need to be bigger or smaller? Drummer the same.....”hey man your gonna need to switch to a 28” kick drum for the visuals “. Why does everyone in a band that doesn’t play bass think it’s ok to push their view of how they would do it and what they would do it with???? Maybe it’s just me that is bothered by this........

bdplaid, sstillwell, One Way and 4 others like this.
  20. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    Im going to have a padded cover made for my Subway 2x12....anyone happen to do this already and know the dimensions for the handle cutouts? These are new enough that they dont have a template/spec to select yet, and I wanted to double check to make sure i measure it right.:)