"Official" Mikro Bass Club Part 3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Apr 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. That is correct, the used prices were really not much less than new. I got lucky, because my mom knows someone who works at the "behind the scenes" part of Reverb/Sweetwater/Musician's Friend (ever wonder why a lot of those listings are on all those sites? ) and she managed to get it for me for $80 after shipping. :cool:
    There's literally not a scratch on it. It is in new condition. I'm pretty thankful. I got it so my granddaughter can thump on it, and she does from time to time. She's no Aron Hodek, but I'm fine with that. :thumbsup:

2. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    california
    D989D68C-A6EC-49C9-A893-FBC25C510541.jpeg

3. Greenstreet

Greenstreet

Aug 31, 2017
  4. Ed8DynamiteGood

Ed8DynamiteGood

Nov 17, 2021
    1AA6E062-650A-4F47-90EC-7ECCBF0CFDD4.jpeg

Yep, on sale but terminal back order

5. Greywoulf

Greywoulf Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Freehold, NJ. USA
    That's real nice... I never saw a teal Mikro before. What year is it?

Greenstreet and deepender like this.
  6. So technically it's listed as "Lime Green Metallic", but it looks more teal to me. The model is GSRM20LGM, that model ran from 2014 to 2016. I'm not sure what year mine is.

MovinTarget and deepender like this.
  7. AG42

AG42

Mar 29, 2010
    England, UK
    Interesting that in the top 15, there are 5 short-scale basses at 30 inches and below (if you include the Bass VI too)...

8. Doesn't surprise me much at all. I would venture to guess that a lot of people were buying instruments for their children, and children tend to be...smaller.

9. AG42

AG42

Mar 29, 2010
    England, UK
    Thant's a good point...I was hoping it was because short scales were being picked up more by the masses, hadn't thought about kids using them...my kids don't touch my short scales especially my Mikro!!! LOL I've now got 4 short scale basses and I play them way more than my 34 inchers...

10. WestyBassBob

WestyBassBob Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2020
    Short scales are definitely having a moment. So it stands to reason that the most popular and inexpensive short scales would benefit from that.

Greenstreet, deepender, AG42 and 3 others like this.
  11. Ed8DynamiteGood

Ed8DynamiteGood

Nov 17, 2021
    I never thought of people buying them for kids either, suppose I assumed that would be a guitar thing versus a bass thing

12. Stealth57

Stealth57

Aug 28, 2020
    NorCal
    They work great for us old types with busted up hands that struggle with reaching octaves with weak arse pinkies.

13. Greywoulf

Greywoulf Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Freehold, NJ. USA
    Yep! -Other names for short scales; "Arthritis Specials..."
    Or how about "Geezer Basses.."?
    Or maybe- "Fart's Fancy Four Tools"?
    "-Back Relievers"?
    -"Four For The Aged"?
    -"Goat Strings"...?
    Or finally, "Laxative Axes"...?

14. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    This is me. After carrying my 5 string Ric on my shoulder for a couple of hours, I'm ready for the feather weight Mikro to help through to the end of the gig.

Rockin-mikro.jpg

15. I feel like you, of all people, could just build a short scale, light weight Ric. Kind of like, a 7/8ths scale Ric. ;)

16. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    It's in the planning stage for the 2022 build-off. Should be ready by the end of March.

Greenstreet, Xad, deepender and 4 others like this.
  17. WestyBassBob

WestyBassBob Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2020
    That’s why I bought mine. But he decided he didn’t care for bass and I did.

18. Buster53

Buster53 Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2021
    Quick update and shoutout to MovinTarget and Greenstreet. I opened up the control cavity tonight and checked there was a tooth lock nut on the contrary tone pot. There was, so I removed and then reseated the pot, making sure it was not touching the wall anywhere. I also added precautionary electrical tape along the wall where to pot could touch. Plugged in and voila, EM hum is gone. Thanks for that advice - saved me tearing into the J pup cavity.

Gotta say, even though I only ever play short scales (Hofner & SG) I'm lovin this Mikro, and I'm equally lovin the tape wounds vs my usual flats. This little bass is loads of fun. Oh, and if anyone needs a stock bridge or knobs I've got em.

19. Buster53

Buster53 Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2021
    I got my first Mikro just recently used - by accident of sorts. Local guy advertised it new condition for $75 and I half jokingly offered him $60, never thinking he would accept that, but he did! Turned out to be the best $60 I've spent. Even after about $300 in mods it's still a great value I think. 2769DF68-3DFC-452B-880E-405C63B64CE6.jpeg

20. Telanoc

Telanoc

Feb 20, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    Very pretty! What bridge is that?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2021