1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Official NCAA Basketball Bracket TB Challange

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by -Kramer-, Mar 19, 2013.

1. -Kramer-

-Kramer-

Dec 9, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Well it is that time of year again and I just noticed that no one else had created an ESPN group for us.

So everyone that wants to play, go to ESPN.com and create a bracket and join group "Talkbass."

Let the games begin!

2. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've binned at least a dozen brackets so far. Last year was easy, everyone knew it'd be Kansas or Kentucky. This year, on the other hand....

3. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    I've got two, but they are completely different. WSJ has a blindfold picker again this year, but it's only added to my confusion.

4. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Since this is the only college hoops thread around, allow me to interrupt the bracket-filling discussion briefly--for I must heartily guffaw at Kentucky tonight.:D

5. -Kramer-

-Kramer-

Dec 9, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    My exact reaction to the news! See what happens to a team that has completly given up.

We only have 3 brackets submitted so far, who else is up for a little competition?

6. BioDriver

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Make that 4 :D

7. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I don't have time to go fill out the ESPN brackets right now but my Final Four picks are Gonzaga - Syracuse - Louisville - Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)

8. BioDriver

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You and I only have one in common. Mine are Louisville, Ohio State, Florida, and Indiana

9. BioDriver

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    And we're off! :hyper:

10. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Way to go Harvard. Not.

11. BioDriver

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I don't even think Harvard's coach expected them to win. Plenty of brackets were just gutted.

12. BioDriver

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    So I'd like to ask what the fffuuu. has been going on in college basketball the past couple of days.

13. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    :D I don't think anyone should be too surprised after the craziness of the regular season.

14. BioDriver

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    So how is everyone else doing? So far 7 of my Elite 8 teams are still in it (thanks, Wichita State) but for the most part my West bracket is hinging on Ohio State chalking. My east and South, meanwhile, are doing pretty swell, especially the east.

15. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Honestly, I've given up on the bracket. I'd rather just see one of the underdogs won it all at this point.

Also, lol at Kentucky.

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Go Gators!

-Mike

17. BioDriver

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    They better make it to the Final Four and lose to Louisville ;)

18. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Ugh. Really hope my Gators don't face Louisville. Billy D. is 0-7 against his mentor.