1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Nordstrand Acinonyx Cat bass club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by atrapp, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    yes, the Nordymute...I don't cram it down hard, It kinda sits halfway into the slits.

mmbass21, RodRy, Morrighan and 3 others like this.
  2. GilesP

GilesP

Jul 25, 2018
    Orlando, FL
    This is how I have mine set up

IMG_4229.jpg IMG_4230.jpg

redstrand, mmbass21, RodRy and 2 others like this.
  3. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Mine seems to work best and most adjustable when its butted up against the bridge. I can put it down a little or a lot, or angle it. or......

4. I just received my shipping notification.
    #5875 and I'm fairly certain that I placed the order on January 5th.

PockySteve, RodRy, Xad and 6 others like this.
  5. Morrighan

Morrighan La Contessa Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Order number 5780 is on its way :hyper:

Any apparent delay in shipping order is strictly on me, as a beyond-the-last-minute string order changer. LPB cat bass with GHS Balanced Nickels woohoo Thank you @SoniaMara

6. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I didn't realize how much I wanted to read that first line until I did.
    :laugh:

7. Gil Smith

Gil Smith

Dec 31, 2020
    I am SO glad to hear that yours is on the way!
    I was feeling guilty about getting mine (order 5829) over the weekend, knowing you hadn't received yours yet.

Ed Melchior, RodRy and Morrighan like this.
  8. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    IMG_20210429_145648913.jpg
    I didn't even know it was coming! The shipping and delivery emails had gone to my spam folder. Order #5841, btw.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  9. j.albert

j.albert

Oct 15, 2014
    California
    Order 5842 should arrive tomorrow. Like JKos’, my order was slightly delayed due to an email going to the junk folder. Why ever would such good news be considered spam?! Looking forward to the Unboxing.

10. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Anyone else settled into a particular setting combination? I really like the both pickups on, second tone button from the top. Just digging that sound. And then throw the mute on with just a bit of catch almost on top of the bridge barrels.

Sah-weet.

PockySteve, berman3313 and redstrand like this.
  11. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    one of my faves too

12. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    Based on playing it for about five hours, the only setting I like so far is the bridge pickup with the flat tone setting. Even the lesser tone cut is way too much for my liking. The neck pickup seems hollow when solo'd. All-in would be my second choice (again, flat tone).

Anyone else find it amusing that the hex wrench included doesn't fit anything on the bass?

RodRy and Morrighan like this.
  13. PockySteve

PockySteve Supporting Member

"Anyone else find it amusing that the hex wrench included doesn't fit anything on the bass?"
    I discovered that when I went to slightly raise the bridge saddles. Most bridges will take the included hex key (1.5mm ?), but the Hipshot bridge saddles use a 0.050 inch hex key, which is even smaller. Had to run out and get one.
    FYI to all: If you want to adjust your bridge saddles use a 0.050 inch hex key/allen wrench.

14. redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    I thankfully had a set of smaller wrenches

RodRy and PockySteve like this.
  15. Annette

Annette

Apr 18, 2018
    Vancouver Island
    Isn't that wrench for the truss rod?

RodRy, mmbass21 and Morrighan like this.
  16. redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    I use a thicker one for that when I had too, it doesn't take much to rotate it

RodRy, Ed Melchior and Morrighan like this.
  17. PockySteve

PockySteve Supporting Member

I received a stainless rod and a small hex key/allen wrench. The stainless rod is for rotating the "spoke wheel" nut to adjust the truss rod, but anything that fits in the spoke hole will do the trick.

18. SoniaMara

SoniaMara Commercial User

Oct 19, 2016
    Nordstrand Pickups
    Yes we discovered recently that some of wrenches provided by the manufacturer were the wrong size. If you don’t have the correct size wrench in your arsenal, email [email protected] subject: wrenched, with your mailing address. We will send u a proper wrench.

Rabidhamster, RodRy, Xad and 7 others like this.
  19. mmbass21

mmbass21 Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    Never checked mine I always use my music nomad screwdriver set. Although didn't have to touch the action with Mo's awesome handy work!

20. joafink2

joafink2

Jan 28, 2012
    Yeah, mine is low with no buzz. Pretty awesome the way he set it up.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021