1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Nordstrand Acinonyx Cat bass club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by atrapp, Aug 17, 2020.

1. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Ditto, I've not needed to adjust anything yet.
    :D

PockySteve and mmbass21 like this.
  2. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    I am used to Mo's setups, and I like my action just a titch higher than he does.
    that and lowering the bridge pickup slightly were my only 2 changes thus far. no truss rod adjustment needed.

3. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Headstock design question:
    Looking at the headstock, I find myself thinking that the position for the string T would be more aesthetically pleasing if it were relocated to a point on the imaginary line between the center of the E and G string posts. A bit closer to the nut, and balanced between those posts.
    Nordstrand_Audio_Acinonyx_headstock2_187e4c8c-043d-4a78-8221-7da2efc43ac7_400x.jpg

Anyone else?

Jeff K and Rabidhamster like this.
  4. j.albert

j.albert

Oct 15, 2014
    California
    5842 has arrived. What a fun bass! It weighs 6 lbs 10 oz. (I asked the shop to upgrade the pickguard.) I’m still trying out various pickup and tone combinations. I’m unexpectedly surprised how good it sounds palm-muted playing with a pick! I’ll post a more formal NBD thread later.

Attached Files:

5. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    I would like to thank Sonia for outstanding, over-and-above customer service! Thank you, Sonia!

SoniaMara, RodRy, Gil Smith and 6 others like this.
  6. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    That looks great!

7. klaatu

klaatu

Feb 12, 2010
    Southbridge MA
    I've looked through about half the posts here for this bass and it looks to be a winner. I just purchased the Schecter Banshee and I've owned the Lakland SS for some time. The Banshee is at my luthier for a string change and set up but if I had known about the Cat I would have gone for that instead. I'm still wanting the Cat though. I looked at their website and they offer nice upgrades. Prefer flats and it's either Dunlop or GHS Precision flats if I order. Either way a lot of useful info here from players that have this bass.

I just checked out the website for color options and they are sold out of all but two colors which is Surf Green and Dakota Red. I was looking for the black with tortoise shell pickguard so don't know when it would be available.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  8. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    It’s a killer bass and just plays great.

9. klaatu

klaatu

Feb 12, 2010
    Southbridge MA
    I sent them an email for Nordstrand to let me know when the black will be available. Hopefully it won't be too long but if it is maybe I'll just get another color.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    PockySteve and Morrighan like this.
  10. Rabidhamster

Rabidhamster

Jan 15, 2014
    shoppednordstrand_audio_acinonyx_headstock2_187e4c8c-043d-4a78-8221-7da2efc43ac7_400x-copy-jpg.jpg

11. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    YES, Exactly!
    I think it looks better there. I may move mine. Or just use one of these:
    upload_2021-5-2_12-14-57.png

12. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    I like this kind, from Gotoh

3BA86C88-421C-4C9C-9F2E-1C7179905806.jpeg

13. Bonecat

Bonecat

Oct 22, 2005
    Michigan
    I’m living vicariously through the experiences of those who’ve received their Cat basses. But it only serves to make me want mine more. Only 300 order numbers away. Sigh...

PockySteve, RodRy, Xad and 2 others like this.
  14. Morrighan

Morrighan La Contessa Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    The FedEx tracker has become an Acinonyx advent calendar. Each morning I open it to find another city name, closer and closer to The Day :hyper:

15. PockySteve

PockySteve Supporting Member

LOL :laugh:

16. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I think for me, these two options would really ruin the vibe of this bass. Like changing the really cool Chicken head knob. Maybe that's just me.

RodRy, j.albert, Gil Smith and 6 others like this.
  17. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Thank you @SoniaMara , Mo, and Carey :hyper:

He ran outside the door to see and I had to catch him :roflmao:

odin-nbd-cap-jpg.jpg
    credit @Winslow for the proper pic

Last edited: May 4, 2021 at 1:04 PM
  18. PockySteve and Morrighan like this.
  19. PockySteve

PockySteve Supporting Member

The 'Advent Calendar' is complete and 'Christmas Day' is Here!!!!! Awesome!! :hyper::bassist::hyper::bassist:

RodRy, klaatu and Morrighan like this.
  20. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Home, home again
    I like to be here when I can

20210504_142430.jpg

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021