Official Nordstrand Acinonyx Cat bass club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by atrapp, Aug 17, 2020.

1. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Are they both mirrored pickguards? Hard to tell if the surf green one is just reflecting different things.
    :thumbsup:

Morrighan likes this.
  2. LowWay

LowWay It’s got 4 strings ‘cause they’re bigger! Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2009
    W Mass
    Ok, I have decided to keep my cat. I logged some hours today. Despite the extra weight over what I was promised, this thing is fun enough to keep around. I need to work out a gigging solution.

3. klaatu

klaatu

Feb 12, 2010
    Southbridge MA
    I just saw a post on fakebook from Nordstrand Audio with a row of Cats that says a bunch of these are going out the door today. Maybe some here could be getting their Cat soon. I still have a few months to go.

RodRy, DaveSill and Morrighan like this.
  4. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - The Final Frontier.. Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    e
    Yes!

FF975685-E723-4B51-A319-493F36C1B9F1.jpeg

5. SwitchGear

SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Sunny Beach
    Any plans for a 5 string version?

Kevdel likes this.
  6. Flat Wound Fuzz

Flat Wound Fuzz

Feb 21, 2021
    7BE4ED2D-F77C-44BC-BECF-3966761E5F62.jpeg E70D4007-0003-43C4-B868-93E0734D62E1.jpeg E70D4007-0003-43C4-B868-93E0734D62E1.jpeg Your silkscreen logos on your buttons are different than mine. Did you have them custom that? My buttons have a very thin white logo on black buttons… the white logo is supper thin and already looks worn off yet I just got my cat.

RodRy likes this.
  7. LowWay

Dec 16, 2009
    W Mass
    I also have the worn off buttons, and I’d pay for a set of replacement buttons.

joafink2 likes this.
  8. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - The Final Frontier.. Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    My Seafoam was a version 1.0. My Dakota, a version 2.0, has the same screen printing as yours.

PockySteve likes this.
  9. DaveSill

DaveSill Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2012
    I'll post your number when I get back to civilization.

PockySteve likes this.
  10. Xad

Xad

Sep 23, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Mine, which I ordered in Dec 2020 and received in April 2020, also has the "worn off" buttons.

acinonyx buttons.jpg

Attached Files:

11. Flat Wound Fuzz

Flat Wound Fuzz

Feb 21, 2021
    wow… I wonder why they decided to go from cool looking clear logos in version 1 to the thin barely visable for version 2. I too would very much like to have buttons where the symbol is readable. I’m concerned that my buttons will be unreadable in the very near future.

LowWay likes this.
  12. mmbass21

mmbass21 Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    I got my cat last Aug and no wear or issues with my buttons. Never looked closely at them until today though and they seem to look like a white sticker with the shapes cut out of it. 20210529_222157.jpg

RodRy and PockySteve like this.
  13. berman3313

berman3313 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic
    If you have to look at the buttons, you're not playing your cat enough. After a day or two it's automatic. I love that once pickups and tone are selected - just have to set the volume. Everyone can think as they wish, but what I'm saying is, the cat is a joy to play and worrying about unreadable buttons is taking your mind away from an awesome instrument.

14. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Yeah I don’t look at the buttons anymore, just press and go

Xad, berman3313 and mmbass21 like this.
  15. LowWay

Dec 16, 2009
    W Mass
    Sure, but those of us who are using this as a recording bass as one of several in our collections, and may not play it as our daily driver, are probably going to want to see the pictures.

16. mmbass21

mmbass21 Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    I'm not sure how they could make them different as plastic buttons. They could be upgraded to metal buttons with the markings etched in to them but that would definitely increase the manufacturing costs thus increasing the price to the consumer. I think the bass is a balanced blend of an import with good quality while the price of the bass is reasonable. There can always be improvements and no doubt our feedback will lend itself to that.

RodRy, klaatu and PockySteve like this.
  17. Flat Wound Fuzz

Flat Wound Fuzz

Feb 21, 2021
    Or… the buttons look like what is advertised on the website.

RodRy, benevan and Xad like this.
  18. LowWay

Dec 16, 2009
    W Mass
    I’m not complaining, but I would pay for upgrades.

19. berman3313

berman3313 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic
    I wonder what the thread would have looked like had there been TalkBass when Leo released the P bass.

20. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    While it’s easier to look at, the new buttons look better. It only take a couple of minutes to figure out the combos.
    Plug in, play and enjoy.

1bassplayinfool and RodRy like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021