Official Nordstrand Acinonyx Cat bass club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by atrapp, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Morrighan

Morrighan La Contessa Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Tried Brite Flats, or Pressurewounds? GHS short scale fits the cat perfectly.

RodRy likes this.
  2. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    I can't play rounds anymore, the roughness sets off my nerve damage, flats are okey dokey with me, although a second one with cobalts would be cool, the tapes I just love on this

RodRy, mmbass21 and Morrighan like this.
  3. Xad

Xad

Sep 23, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    I generally prefer flats and tapes, and will eventually put a set on the cat, but the TI Jazz rounds are very nice on this bass!

RodRy and Morrighan like this.
  4. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Did their short scale fit well then? I have Jazz rounds on my darkstar bass and they feel fine, don't give me problems. I'd be CRUSHED to get a second cat

5. Xad

Xad

Sep 23, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    I posted a pic several pages back that shows how they fit.

Official Nordstrand Acinonyx Cat bass club

They’re not a perfect fit, but work fine anyway. I also have them on a fretless Birdsong. Same situation with the E string, but no resulting issues on either bass.

RodRy likes this.
  6. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    I find Dunlop flats are super nice with a couple months on them. Not quite enough to keep on that bass, and reinstalled the old La Bella Low Tension Flats. Steady as she goes with the Balanced Nickels here on the cat, and they're the first rounds I've played in a couple years. Break-in on the BNs has been great.

RodRy, berman3313 and Xad like this.
  7. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    You'd think I'd pay attention to a post I liked :woot:

RodRy, Xad, PockySteve and 1 other person like this.
  8. Flat Wound Fuzz

Flat Wound Fuzz

Feb 21, 2021
    Is the tension of the strings noticeable between the Dunlop’s and the low tension La Bella’s?

RodRy likes this.
  9. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    I found the two to be pretty close, and made no adjustments to the truss rod installing, and later, reinstalling both. OTH the Dunlop is marginally stiffer under my fingers. Have played neither TIs nor Chromes, so can't comment on real world differences between the Dunlops and LTFs and those.

RodRy likes this.
  10. Well, they are now officially sold out until fall. The email from Nordstrand said: "Currently Sold Out, next shipment to arrive in the fall."

Now I just gotta be patient until Mo gets mine set up. Yeah, right. My predictive model says I should get my shipping notice on June 15. Haven't gotten any new data since @LowWay got his on 5/26, so I'm now convinced my model is wrong and I won't see it until July-ish. I've got GAS!

RodRy, klaatu, PockySteve and 2 others like this.
  11. klaatu

klaatu

Feb 12, 2010
    Southbridge MA
    Well, I would think that there are some who have ordered the Cat that aren't on TB so we may not know the actual order numbers that are up to date. Maybe your model isn't that far off since it looks like they have been shipping about 200 orders per month if I recall some of your posts reflecting that amount.

12. Yep, you are correct on all points. I am just anxious. My (woefully inadequate) model still has time on it, I'm just really eager. My model says that they ship about 226 per 30-day month. So you are right on with your guess.

RodRy and klaatu like this.
  13. LowWay

LowWay It’s got 4 strings ‘cause they’re bigger! Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2009
    W Mass
    MIM at the tail end of my first recording project with it if you want to update the model. ;)

14. LowWay

LowWay It’s got 4 strings ‘cause they’re bigger! Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2009
    W Mass
    your model predicted mine perfectly to the day!

klaatu, RodRy and Morrighan like this.
  15. SoniaMara

SoniaMara Commercial User

Oct 19, 2016
    Nordstrand Pickups
    850F8502-116F-4818-8C6A-8B24678C15BC.jpeg 850F8502-116F-4818-8C6A-8B24678C15BC.jpeg D708CB40-EC45-40DF-9D1F-B80190503566.jpeg

16. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    So awesome to see :drool:

RodRy and Ed Melchior like this.
  17. Oh. My. My dreams are about to come true. (and Mo appears to be working overtime....)

RodRy, klaatu, Xad and 1 other person like this.
  18. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Mo deserves a medal :thumbsup:

PockySteve, RodRy, klaatu and 4 others like this.
  19. SoniaMara

SoniaMara Commercial User

Oct 19, 2016
    Nordstrand Pickups
    please don't spoil mo.

PockySteve, RodRy, klaatu and 9 others like this.
  20. Woo Hoo! Shipping notice has been received! Order #6330! A few days earlier than my model predicted. If I'm gonna be wrong, that's the best way.

SoniaMara, PockySteve, RodRy and 6 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021