Official PS3 Announcement

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Mar 17, 2006.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Here it is.....the announcement video gamers have been waiting for:

SCEA Confirms Worldwide Simul-Launch.

I think it's cool how they are releasing it to all those markets at the same time. Kind of a bummer for those folks who live where the toilets flush backwards though.

2. about time...i'm not going to buy one, but i was feeling bad that they kept having delays and such...i wonder how it will sell now that the 360 has been out for a while
  3. Once this thing comes out it will make the 360 look like Super Nintendo. :p
  4. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Believe it or not, the 360 is still scarce. Luckily I got mine in December. :)

If Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter is any indication, Super Nintendo must've been one heck of a game console! With Elder Scrolls: Oblivion coming out next week and Gears of War sometime this Summer or Fall it looks like I have my 2006 gaming needs sewn up tight!
  5. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.

What he said. I'm won't buy one immediately, but I'm still pretty excited about it. I was impressed with that remake of the FFVII intro video.
  6. doubt it...from what i've seen since the dreamcast, i don't see an incredible difference between the new consoles, mainly just in the games they put out, like how nintendo has mario, sony has Final Fantasy, and Xbox had halo
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    As WillPlay4Food mentioned, the new Ghost Recon is amazing on the 360. Especially when you play it in a 50" plasma with a killer sound system. I can't imagine a game console getting any better than that. It sure is fun watching Sony, Nintendo, and MS trying to outdo each other though.

8. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    And people still go crazy over Supermario racing carts :rollno:
  9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the scuttlebut from electronic gaming monthly is that the ps3 may cost in the $400-500 regime at launch. :eek:

if i were to buy one--and i don't plan on it--i would until a price drop. but that's just me. :meh:
  10. i won't buy one until they come out with the ps3 version of kitty cannon!
  11. Its funny you say that, from what i've read about the nintendo revolution, you can go on the internet and download all the old nintendo games they have ever came out with!
    that might just be speculation, but it's cool speculation!
  12. This past X-mas (sorry, "holiday"), my brother and I dug out the old Atari 5200, which was BURIED in his attic. We had TONS of games lying around as well. We had an absolute blast playing them. Pitfall was a personal fav! Also, one of my favorite games of all times was the ORIGINAL Legend of Zelda. Kick-butt.

I mean, the advances in new systems are beyond incredible compared to the older stuff (I have a PS2), but the Atari will always be cherished near and dear to my heart! :)
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I thought the same thing. Last year, I bought an Atari with the Colecovision attachment and over 100 games on eBay for something like $150. I was determined to show my son just how much those old systems rocked. After less than an hour, I was bored out of my mind. I put it back up on eBay within a month.

14. Thats not what I heard. I saw on Cnet it will have the same 300 - 400 price range as the 360. Even if it is 400 it is worth it because it has a built in 60 gb hardrive. Not to mention alot better components and an blu-ray drive. :p
  15. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    That's about how I feel. I may get a DS, for the anti-senility game, other than that, that's just too much money for too little return.