1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Quilter Bass Block 800 Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brotondo, Dec 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    I player through one of these at a local shed this weekend.. It was FANTASTIC! I think this thing is ideal for an active bass.. I was playing on it through a BBC Tank 1012 and it was OFF THE CHAIN. The bassist whose rig it was was playing a Fender PF with a Nordy pre and stock pups .. I was playing my Cirrus.. but that combination was just great. I will be keeping my MG 800 .. but if I evcer sold my SL 900 .. I could see one of these in my future.. As it is now I am seriously considering selling my Tri 115 ans trying to save up for a Tank 1012.. and incredible little cab..

brotondo and jebmd like this.
  2. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    I want it please - here is mine with my DIY 10, which I have 2 so 4 ohms.

20170330_021115.

brotondo and jebmd like this.
  3. barrybass33

barrybass33 Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2008
    westchester new york.
    Will the bass block do a 2ohm load.

4. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    Says on the back 4 ohm min. Sorry

5. kasbrey

kasbrey

Aug 23, 2002
    Northampton UK
    I think that I read a member here has been running one a 2 ohms with no problems. It is quoted by Pat Quilter as ok to 2.5 ohms but may encounter some clipping at 2 ohms if pushed hard.

Bob Lee (QSC) likes this.
  6. shakestheclown

shakestheclown

Nov 21, 2007
    Chillin' in the driveway today. Quilter Labs Bass Block 800 going head to head with my MusicMan Amps HD-130.

Y'all, this thing gets LOUD.

Trying to mimic the "bright" and "deep" switches on the HD-130 was a little tricky, but the way the Depth and Contour knobs on the Quilter interact is pretty genius. It didn't take long, and now I've got the same tone, with a ton of power behind it in a 4lb. package. I really like this little amp!

brotondo likes this.
  7. jebmd

jebmd Gold Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland
  8. BigEarl

BigEarl

Sep 29, 2003
    Elgin, TX
    I have several gigs under my belt with the BB800 and my stack of Barefaced One10's. But Sunday I played an outdoor private party celebrating the restoration of a barn that was brought back to life after 90 years of neglect, but I digress. For this gig I pulled out my stack of two SVT210AV cabs. And golly gosh darn if the didn't sound exceptional with the Quilter, best they have ever sounded!

Someone here already said it, but the BB800 truly will make ANY cab sound better!

#sohappy #tremendoussound #notsad

sonofshel and brotondo like this.
  9. geschrei

geschrei

Jan 3, 2017
    Baja Alabama
    I've officially joined the club, BUT my brand-new BB800 has the dreaded "hiss" problem. :banghead:

Shipping it back to the factory today - not an issue as I'll be out of town for the next week or so with no gigs on the horizon, but still a little frustrating. However, thanks to TB, I was aware of this issue before I decided to pull the trigger, and it was the positive comments from other owners about Quilter's service & support that made me decide it was worth the risk.

I'll post pics of my rig (including my new Revsound RS112TX cab!) when we all get back together again...

Agosix likes this.
  10. acleex38

acleex38

Jul 28, 2006

I had the issue too - shipping travel time took "monday-friday" each way. I got notification it was delivered on a Friday afternoon. Contacted the to confirm Monday morning and was told "it's already fixed and will be shipped out today." I have only positive things to say about my interaction with them.

Jeff O'Connor, Jefenator and lo-freq like this.
  11. engedi1

engedi1

Sep 16, 2005
    Nashville
    that's good to hear the customer service is excellent.

12. Agosix

Agosix Supporting Member

May 7, 2013
    Woodhaven NY
    They will fix it.

13. BigEarl

BigEarl

Sep 29, 2003
    Elgin, TX
    18278948_10208854194218151_930581841141994072_o.
    Quilter in the Albert Dancehall, Albert, TX. 2001 MIA Fender P into a Quilter BB800, two Ampeg SVT210Av cabs, Line6 Relay G10, Polytune mini, Empress Compressor and BDDI. Day-um, does this rig sound good!

14. PepperK

PepperK

Apr 25, 2017
    Buffalo NY
    Getting a lot of mileage out of this pic at my messy practice space, but I'm really digging my set up! I used to use a sansamp, but after practicing a few times with the BB800, I don't feel like it's necessary any more, so I've been playing with it off. The NeoX-212T is a fantastic combo with the Quilter, especially with my flat wound 78' Precision.
    bassblock3.

alack, Datsgor, jastraw and 3 others like this.
  15. geschrei

geschrei

Jan 3, 2017
    Baja Alabama
  16. Agosix

Agosix Supporting Member

May 7, 2013
    Woodhaven NY
  17. Agosix

Agosix Supporting Member

May 7, 2013
    Woodhaven NY
    Played my quilter thru a borrowed Traynor 210 in a club in Dallas called Poor Davids Pub and the amp worked effortlessly and loud thru a single 210..I was amazed

jastraw likes this.
  18. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    Some people I used to be in a band with used to play there fairly regularly.

Agosix likes this.
  19. Agosix

Agosix Supporting Member

May 7, 2013
    Woodhaven NY
    It's a nice place. My band The Rob Balducci Band was in Dallas over the weekend and we played at the Dallas Guitar Show on Friday and Sunday. Saturday we played at Poor Daves opening up for Trent Turner. We had fun.

lo-freq likes this.
  20. geschrei

geschrei

Jan 3, 2017
    Baja Alabama
    So good so far, haven't really gigged with it yet, and haven't gotten it above living room volume since I got it back from the factory...but the hiss is no more.:thumbsup:

Fortunately at my workplace I have an extremely large (10,000 sq ft) space to crank it up in at my disposal, just haven't had the time to bring it up here and put it through its paces...yet! :bassist:

Agosix likes this.