Official Revsound Bass Cab Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stumbo, Jan 4, 2018.

1. bertthebassist

bertthebassist Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Bethlehem, PA
    Enjoy them!

strost likes this.
  2. looper

looper Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    MPLS
    Dang it Strost, I saw the yellow RS28 just as the dog told me it was time for a walk. Once around the block and it was sold...Exited to hear your take on the stack!

3. strost

strost

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    Sorry! That’s why I don’t own a dog!

I actually asked David about this one since the badge was different. Also I noticed the speakers are opposite most RS28s (top right bottom left instead of top left bottom right). He said it was an early demo and had “different tuning”. I’m really curious (and a bit scared) to hear how the old and new differ and go together.

It was always my plan to get 2 if I liked one and I couldn’t pass up the chance to save a chunk of money. Plus the yellow is kinda cool (and my band is called the Mud Daubers and the Queen Bees so the yellow works).

looper and Stumbo like this.
  4. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Waiting for your report!

5. Amajew

Amajew Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Got to jam through my new rs215T with my bro rockin on the drums.

Yea. It’s got low end. Yea it’s got more volume than your ears can handle and a lot more. I can definitely see this cabinet reacts to EQ very well.

I’m not a knob tweaker. I like to set it and forget it but the difference in tone that this cab puts out just warrants spending more time to tweak.

One happy bass player here!!!

Stumbo, Heavy Blue, 3rdcurve and 2 others like this.
  6. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
  7. strost

strost

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    Got the first of my RS28s today (the new one)! Love the tone! Sounded a bit tight at first but opened up really nicely with a little EQ. Volume is amazing for a little box.

The only downside is that my Subway D800+ barely fits on top. Need some bigger and taller new feet.

I’m really happy another is on it’s way!

Stumbo and emjazz like this.
  8. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Is this the new one? Probably needs breaking in. :)

What are the measurements?

dawind99 likes this.
  9. strost

strost

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    Yep. New.

15.75x9x18.25.

10. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Yeah wish that mine had a side handle vs top.

11. strost

strost

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    I now have both RS28s. Both sound great!

New is a bit louder and has a bit more low end. And I'm hoping even more after it gets broken in.
    Old one has some serious magic though. This may be a personal thing but some bass tones have a frequency that literally vibrates my chest. It's not about volume or the notes, it's just something in the tone itself. This cab hits that perfectly. As soon as I plugged it in, I loved it. Sounds warmer than the new one right now.

Interestingly the old one is a bit shorter.

I have not tried them together because I don't have 2 speakon cords yet.

But yeah, I'm a believer.

emjazz likes this.
  12. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    New one just needs to break in. :)

strost likes this.
  13. bertthebassist

bertthebassist Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Bethlehem, PA
  14. strost

strost

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    Played the RS28 (one of them) at practice last night. All 11 band members were there (4 just sing but still - 3 guitars, keys, harmonica, . When I came in, they were running through Zombie by the Cranberries. I set up, plugged in and started playing and I was TOO LOUD! Everyone looked at me like, "what is that?"

So running the RS28 off a Subway D800+ at noon input and 11 master easily carried the band. Nice. Found I had to boost the high mids a bit to cut through but that's why the D800+ is so great.

View attachment 2925788

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Stumbo, tonequixote and Mushroo like this.
  15. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    3 guitars?

You must practice pretty loud!

Can't wait to hear your report with both cabs.:)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  16. strost

strost

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    The guitars are actually pretty tame (and one is acoustic). It's the keyboard player who pushes it into earbleed territory.

I might try 2 next week (though the whole point is to keep one at home and one at practice).

17. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx

Sep 8, 2013
    Florida
    Love my RS212T. Under 40lbs and kicks serious butt. Thank you David!

IMG_20170228_214524.jpg

18. strost

strost

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    Tonight at practice. More on this later.

20180228_191616.jpg

dawind99, billhw13 and marcwhy like this.
  19. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    More on the green bottle later?:) Those 2x8s look good!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  20. strost

strost

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    Yuengling: band beer of choice.

The mini stack was awesome. Two is bigger than one. More everything. Plenty loud and really full tone. Though I will say I am a bit worried about the Mesa on top of two small cabs. I might need a small table.

Still finding the RS28 more “polite” than my old GK or my Audiokinesis 15. Smooth full tone but not as grindy as the AK. I love both but they are very different. Still agonizing a bit over which to keep. It’s a good dilemma to be in.

The RS28 is definitely more convenient and I love being able to keep one at home and one at practice. Bringing only a bass and a head is great.

But all in all these are awesome cabs!

Stumbo likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021