1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Revsound Bass Cab Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stumbo, Jan 4, 2018.

1. HotelX

HotelX Supporting Member

jeff7bass likes this.
  2. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Looks like he is delivering it to you through the snow, by dogsled? ;)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Stugilliam likes this.
  3. Heavy Blue

Heavy Blue

Nov 11, 2017
    Prairie Canada
    billhw13 and 1960jbass like this.
  4. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    What's his build time looking like these days? I know I can ask him but I'm more just curious for now. I may be in the market in the next few months.

hennessybass likes this.
  5. hennessybass

hennessybass

Oct 11, 2008
    Bayou City
    You and me both!!

1960jbass likes this.
  6. billhw13

billhw13

May 10, 2002
    Clinton, NJ
    The RS48VT is here. While I haven't had too much time with it, it's still a pretty easy assessment.
    I've been using an RS15 + RS12 for several years and have been completely happy with using those, either alone or together as a full stack. As great as they are, I had an itch for one more thing from my bass speakers (ok, maybe more than one thing...LOL). I like tightness and clarity-probably like most of you reading this-along with being able to have enough beef to drive the band. So this is nothing new, I get that. I was on the same quest back when I ran a Phil Jones rig back when they first came out (a failed experiment). I wasn't really planning on buying a new bass cab this year, but then I started playing a short scale bass and started to desire a little more tightness to my sound. That, coupled with GAS, coupled with smaller stages (and a need to hear myself), I eventually found myself placing an order with David. I wanted one cab that can fit in the bay of the tour bus, easily carried and a small footprint. And of course - it's gotta have that sound.

So, like most of us...I now have this awesome cabinet in my music room, but all tours and gigs have been cancelled. I'm jamming away on this thing to a drum click, and it just makes me smile. It's all there...and you know what? It's really shaging loud and beefy if you want it to be. There is an incredible amount of lows. And it's tight, quick and detailed. So far - it's spot on. I know I'm going to really happy on stage with this cabinet.

A few other notes: David builds these cabinets with such personal detail - the new wheels are so solid...and the blue python tolex is just cool to look at. This is a guy, running a small shop, building to meet your needs - now that is the kind of guy I like to do business with. He's asked me to shoot a video demo...I've never done that - but I think I should for this. Yeah.

On other thing...and this is just opinion formed by listening to my audiophile/engineer father, but I'd like to share it. I grew up with some incredible sound systems that pop put together. He used to tell me, when putting together a new system, allow 60%-70% of your total budget to go to the speakers. Amps, etc all have an impact to the sound, but the #1 ingredient is the speakers. I believe that is also true for bass amps.

IMG_20210117_131553.jpg

IMG_20210117_131118016 (2).jpg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  7. JohnnyBottom

JohnnyBottom Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    Great write up, and I am In the exact same position as you.(almost same location, Oakand NJ:) and was considering the same cab. I have the 210 the 12 and 15. Do you think the 4x8 will be able to replace the 15/12 combo , or would you only use it in some cases? I assume it is 8 ohms, is 400 watts enough to push it?
    Certainly wondering how it compares to the 210 as well, I give David a call on that.
    Thanks - JC

8. billhw13

billhw13

May 10, 2002
    Clinton, NJ
    Thanks. Well, I'm looking at the RS48VT as basically the full time cabinet...in fact, I gave my son the RS12 since he is starting on bass. Will there be times I take out the RS15? I'm sure, but I honestly don't know why. As for your question on power - I think 400W is more than enough, but I'm generally not playing incredibly loud. I can tell you that this thing can really go there if you need it to. I think David has specs on his site.

shoot-r and JohnnyBottom like this.
  9. Andrea Morse

Andrea Morse

Feb 9, 2015
    St. Louis
    I've no doubt the 48VT can handle anything you throw at it. Couple it with an RS115 on the big!! stages and you'd have everything you need. If its not enough, everyone else is too loud.

jeff7bass and JohnnyBottom like this.
  10. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Great cab. So it does have wheels and a handle on it? Any chance we can see a picture from the backside?

deff likes this.
  11. Thundar

Thundar The other ones are complete bull$hit Supporting Member

IMG_5773_grande.jpg IMG_5776_grande.jpg

I just pulled the images from the RevSound site

shoot-r and jeff7bass like this.
  12. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
  13. billhw13

billhw13

May 10, 2002
    Clinton, NJ
    Not the best shot, but just to show that David has upgraded the wheels to a much heavier duty set. IMG_20210119_074104.jpg

jeff7bass, Sodbuster and shoot-r like this.
  14. I just got my RS110. I'm extremely pleased with this cabinet, both build quality and sound quality.

This replaced an Eden EX110. I loved the small size and weight of that cab, but just couldn't get behind its sound. It was surprisingly loud, kept up with a drum kit playing "reasonably" with no effort. But, the tone was very mid-forward and it wasn't suiting my style.

I was looking for a cabinet that would get me closer to "my DI sound through studio monitors, just louder" without going back to the big and heavy cabinets I used to play through. I had a nice conversation with David about the options and I ended up going with the 1x10. Boy, is this an upgrade.

This cab is physically larger than the Eden 1x10 (but not by enough to bother me, it is still plenty portable) but is actually slightly lighter (my RS110 is about 22 lbs). This will certainly be a nice cabinet to move around to gigs once those exist again :crying:

Tone wise, so far it's doing what I want. It sounds like a good PA. I haven't been able to really push it yet, and probably there will be some break-in period, but even out of the box it fixed the issue I had with the Eden cab coloring my tone more than desired. It is also more efficient than the Eden, so I am not at all worried about volume from this cab for the kind of playing I do.

I'm looking forward to playing through this thing more. Happy to have found RevSound and to support a small "local" (well, the next state over) builder.

ASE8uwNzmsCJdRzSfd0jUzY1AFM0IyZuEIgkKepKYKLBQmaOAEZRPQqO6xe27N2hOXYktdg=w973-h1305-no?authuser=0.jpg

Attached Files:

15. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2015
    The Frozen Tundra
    An unexpected money crunch is forcing me to sell my like new RS210 in the classifieds. I just got it new from David this month.

Attached Files:

BrentSimons likes this.
  16. MTN.bass72

MTN.bass72 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Blue Ridge, Ga
    Interesting. Because ever since I found this thread, a couple of weeks ago, and reading all 42 pages, I've been contemplating an RS210.
    Hate that you're having to sell so soon after getting it. Hope things look up soon.

Sodbuster likes this.
  17. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2015
    The Frozen Tundra
    Thanks

MTN.bass72 likes this.
  18. drewphishes

drewphishes Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2017
    What does the 210t do for me compared to the 210? What will the tweeter do? Can you turn it off?

19. Amajew

Amajew Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2016
    You can turn the tweeter off. But in reality the 10” cones are super bright. The rs210 I had was without a tweeter and I had to turn down the treble.

bassplace likes this.
  20. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Just ordered a RS115. Been eyeing single 15 cabs for awhile now. I really liked my RS210 and enjoyed working with David. For whatever reason just prefer single driver cabs. So after a phone call and catching up I asked what lead time was. David actually just finished 4, RS115's and one was not spoken for and had all the specs I wanted! Guess it was meant to be?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  21. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    Congratulations, it was meant to be! I am still loving the RS 2-10 that I got from you!

aproud1 and Type-55 like this.
  22. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021