Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Official sopranos thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gallienkrueger, Oct 5, 2002.

1. I swear they better pull their act together this week. the past two made no sense at all to me. i have a feeling that Ralph will die this week. But by the end of the season i think christopher will die.

2. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Bah...the first two weren't the BEST ever, but they weren't bad. I for one laughed very heartily when Ralphie got pushed down the stairs:D

Also, in the first one where Tony beat the hell out of what's his name for throwing out ice....that was pretty funny.

Alex

3. The Sopranos funny? your a Sick ****...Yea! RedV, its always funny when someone gets pushed down the stairs or when someone gets snuffed out...Oh that is to funny! **** the Sopranos and the dirt bags who write/produce that show...

4. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Geez...I think someone needs to lighten up and see the difference between fact and fiction:rolleyes:

Alex

5. Interesting thread. Just a few thoughts:

Is Adriana (Christopher's GF) going to rat out Christopher and the Sopranos? I think she's more loyal than that, but the puke-on-the-table incident also shows that she's very nervous about this whole situation.

Hey, Fetch - Chill Out Buddy. If you don't like the Sopranos, you don't have to read this thread. Also if you don't like the show, you can just say so - no need to freak out.

BTW, the show definitely has its funny moments. I was laughing so hard when Silvio (dude from the E Street Band) and Christopher go pay the old guys a visit to take take out John. I mean, which one of these guys was gonna make the hit - one of the three old guys or the dumb guy with them? And then the priest walks in? Too funny.

6. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    this season has NOT lived up to the long wait.

7. My sentiments exactly!

I watch the Sopranos with a group of friends every week at our "club," and I must agree with Narud and GallienKrueger that the last two episodes were at best stretched out, and at worst the product of writer's block. I mean, what was all that mess with the Columbus Day parade? The only part I liked about it was that immensely hot Native American actress(notice I didn't call her a broad:p ) and she'll probably just fade into oblivion like the Russian guy in the tree, remember last season?

And while we're on the topic of women, are the producers going for authenticity, or are they just looking for the most unattractive women available?
    Other than Meadow Soprano and Adriana La Serva, the rest of the women are beasts on that show. They only bring in hotties for cameo appearances. GRRR! :mad:

I DEMAND BETTER LOOKING WOMEN ON THE SHOW!

Thank you. Sorry for the rant, but, this show is definitely going to dormire con gli peschi* at the rate it's going, and it won't need any help from hit
    men, IMHO.

Writers wake up!

Mike J.
    * Sleep with the fish(es)

8. I love this show. Never missed an episode yet. I think the scatterbrain feel of the first few episodes is basically just laying the groundwork for a big come together/payoff. I think Junior will go up for the RICO stuff and Paulie will go to work for Carmine and Johnny Sacks in NY since he obviously is pissed at the fam not taking care of him while he's in the can. This leaves a void that obviously Chris will fill. and adrianna will be stand up about the whole FBI stuff, since I think she felt so betrayed by the undercover agent(especially when Chris put her hand on his leg and Chris spindoctored it around). thats just my opinion. my only wish is that that damn Janice goes away and never comes back, what a whackjob.

9. In case any of you havn't heard, Mayor Mike Bloomberg of NYC has invited two of the Soprano's cast members ( I think it's Uncle Jr. and Larraine Bracco) to march in the NYC Columbus day parade, and now the organizers of the parade don't want them to march because they say the show portrays Italians as uneducated and as criminals.

As RedV said, Someone has to realize the difference between fact and fiction.

Madonna!

Mike J.

10. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    Jersey/DC
    they should have killed off both ralphie and johnny sacks - albeit i like johnny sacks, but come on, carmine is way too powerful to not have him whacked. and ralphie, well, the whole dildo thing freaks me out....

11. I didn't think this week's episode was that good, how about you?

Let's consider:

1) Will Christopher turn into a junkie?

2) How bad is Furio going to hurt the French guy that wouldn't give Artie Bucco his $50K back?

3) What's going to happen with Tony Jr. and this new rich girl?

4) Is Gloria Trillo really dead?

5) Wassup with Paulie Walnuts?

Your opinion is vital. The show may go the way of the three toed sloth without your help.

So, whadda ya think?

You see how good I am to you guys? You don't even have to search for the link. :D

http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/

Mike J.

I'm going home for some melanzzane parmigiana. :)
    That's eggplant to those of you who didn't have an Italian mother. Pronounced moo-len-yan to those in the inner circle. ;)

12. Here's my take:

Christopher, who's always been my favorite character, is ALREADY a junkie. It's either going to take Tony finding out to make him stop, or he's going to kill himself.

I hope Furio really messed up that french guy. I felt so bad for Artie. Nobody screws with Tony's favorite chef!!!

I don't know how adrianna is going to get out of this. Maybe her best bet is to break up with Christopher???

As for Anthony Jr., he better stop telling his friends what his dad does, otherwise he's going to be in some deep sh*t. I want to know who his girlfriend is. Her family is obviously crazy rich.

13. I thought thst it was the best episode yet. THe underlying tensions are everywhere. Furio-carmela, tony-himself, Adrianna-Feds, Chris-drugs, Paulie-tony. I like the way it is slowly developing so far.

14. TONY KILLED RALPH CIFARETTO!!!!

I never liked that creep! :D

Man, just when I was starting to think this series was going nowhere - BOOM!

And right after Ralph's son almost dies from fooling around with that bow and arrow. I figured Ralph was going to sleep one of these episodes, but, not with Tony as his killer. Now, Tony can have Francesca all to himself! Man, is she hot! :eek:

And all of a sudden they bring back the lovely and coveted one legged Svetlana! :D

So, what do y'all think is going to happen next?

Now, I'm hooked on this stupid show. ;)

So where's the ante-pasta of fate going to land now?

Mike J.

15. I told all of you non-believers the show was just setting up itself for the knockout punch(es). Ralph should have went away a long time ago. How bad was Raphies phone call to Paulie's Mother. Cruel but kinda funny.

16. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I thought that was a great episode, but Ralph's murder was one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen on television.

17. I have to agree, and a few people here at work think likewise. One woman said she's not going to watch the show anymore because of the dismembering scenes. When you think of it, last night's episode was half Soprano's content, and half Texas Chainsaw massacre. :eek:

I definitely didn't expect to see anything like that.

Mike

18. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't have looked at this thread. I recently rented all the Sopranos DVDs and really got into the show, although I don't have HBO, so I'm waiting for this season to go out on DVD so I can see it. Apparently checking out this thread for the first time was a spoiler and a half!! Ah well, Ralphie deserved it anyway.

19. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    all i can say is...

CONSERVE!!! CONSERVE!!!

;)

20. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Man, this weeks episode was good.

I didn't think Tony was gonna kill Ralphie, especially after that whole bit at the club; just thought he was gonna rough him up. The dismemberment scene was a bit much, but when Chris tried to move the back hoe....OMG I couldn't stop laughing!:)

So, does anyone think Chris is gonna talk? I mean, the way it ended, I wouldn't put that out of the question.

Alex