Official Sunn Owners / Lovers Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by L.A. Moore, Apr 30, 2008.

1. D.M.N.

D.M.N. (O)))) Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Alright, 108 it is!

OldSoulDownLow likes this.
  2. I just bought mine off Craigslist last night! Im an official Sunn owner now. Really wish I had that foot switch though.
    20211013_094702.jpg 20211013_094209.jpg 20211013_094205.jpg

3. OldSoulDownLow

OldSoulDownLow

Apr 12, 2020
    KY
    Yes, the foot switch is Very handy, and almost a necessity (I set one channel up for fingers and one for a pick), but apparently it’s somewhat rare. Not sure why, as I never had a problem keeping up with mine.

Fishheadjoe and JJ Honeycutt like this.
  4. That's a really nice clean looking amp! Also, it looks like it has the original driver loaded as well. Just be careful to not let the amp fall over as it will likely mess up that speaker... ask me how I know! LOL
    I still have my footswitch for my Beta Bass combo... somewhere!
    Fishheadjoe

JJ Honeycutt likes this.
  5. Thanks for the advice, good Sir. Here is a closer look at it: Also, it looks pretty good in my Doom Room.
    20211013_090842.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-152212_Instagram.jpg

6. isaac42

isaac42

Apr 13, 2003
    How do you know, Joe?

JJ Honeycutt likes this.
  7. Well, mine has had Gauss driver in it since the late 80's...it fell over in the back of my truck and shifted the voice coil.
    Fishheadjoe

JJ Honeycutt and isaac42 like this.
  8. I've read on some threads that guys have upgraded to a new 15 and the sound improved. Would you recommend a new speaker?

9. Well it was almost 30 years ago, but I seem to recall that the new driver sounded much better than the what came with the amp. It was cleaner and was able to handle more power the the stock.
    That all said, i probably wouldn't have changed up the driver if I didn't have to. I still use the cab at our rehearsal space, but I use a Hartke 3500 instead of the Beta for amplification as our drummer is a gorilla and 100 watts was pushing the amp too much.
    If I recall correctly, the original driver was a square magnet...
    Fishheadjoe

JJ Honeycutt likes this.
  10. Since im new to this bass thing I think I'll roll with what I have until I need to do something different. Thanks for the advice!

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021