Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Official Super Metroid thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Well. It finally happened, I got back into Super Metroid, and lately I have been doing pretty damn good. I have been struggling for about 6 months on and off, and in the last 2 days, I have been to almost all of Maridia. Have beaten that mini boss, and beat Draygon. And Now I am in Ridley's lair, and was killed by the golden chozo. You?

2. eh, i tried this game at a friends house and it seemed too puzzly and didnt seem to have much action, i also couldnt get use to the controls. if you can get past those two things then im sure that its a great game.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Bah, It's all about metroid prime, I never thought I'd being saying that(being a huge super metroid fan) but seriously, prime is the fantastic.

4. yea I keep hearing how awesome Prime is.........the only downside being the controls take awhile to learn...........blah but it looks really cool.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Maybe, for me the controls fit like a glove, it took me about 10 minutes to master them.

6. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I am a huge metroid fan and I think Super Metroid is still my favorite. Everything about it is awesome...what a great game! I can beat it in like two hours now. Prime was really cool too. Can't wait for that sequel.

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah, that's something super metroid will always have over prime, it is really easy to just blast through. and still a lot of fun.

8. what the hell are you guys babbling about?

9. OOPS! i was talking about metroid PRIME not super metroid! yeah, super metroid is a classic.

maybe i shouild learn to read :meh:

10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Super Metriod is the greatest game on the SNES besides Final Fantasy 3(6) PERIOD. I much prefer it over metriod prime. The soundtrack and pure massive scope of that game make it number 2 all time favorite game ever. Try playing it in the dark. Perfect storyline, amazing bosses and enemys. Pure fun. Once you beat it, you'll be singing the praise of Super Metriod across the nation.

I'll quote my last spoken words at the end of the game.

"*** IS THAT!?!?!? Oh wait,,, IT LIKES ME!!! wait,,, *** IS THAT? NOOOOOOOOO, wait,,, YESSSS DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE............that game RULES!!!".

You will understand once you beat it. (if you ever do. and trust me, it's worth finishing, go to http://www.gamefaqs.com , it's a huge help on finding where to go once you get past a certain point.)

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Dude...remember the faster you beat it the less clothing samus is wearing at the end :eek:

jared I'm looking at you here...perv :p

;)

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Super Metroid

[​IMG]

Metroid Prime*droooooool*
    [​IMG]

13. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

FF6 and Super Metroid...Polly is right on.

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    In actuality, Super mario World is the best video game of all time:rolleyes: :p

that's a game I could probably beat in a couple hours, I've played it so many times.

My sister actually beat it with one hand behind her back, and I unlocked the secret color change world.

15. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I know this is a *stoopid* question, but what system is Metroid Prime on? It's Gamecube, right?

16. I know 2 people who have beaten it in under 2 hours. And one of them has beaten it in under 5 minutes. Without cheats.

17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Lies!

unless there is some sort of backdoor to mother brain that leads you there fully equipped.

and yes Prime is on the Gamecube.

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    NURDZ ORIGNUL METRID 4 ORGINUL N35 RLZ LOLZ

0|\| T43 M00N NERDZ R SPNKED WIT MOON ROXOR!!1 ROTFLMGDFAO!!!!!!!!!111111

19. No. At the space center, if you shoot Ridley enough, he drops the metroid, and you win.

20. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I LIEK AQUA TEM HUNGAR FORCE AS WAL1111 OMG *** DA MONINIETS RUL311!! LOL