1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

OFFICIAL TB BG T-shirt Design Contest. Win $150!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by paul, Jun 27, 2005.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Ok, 'got bass?' is getting a little tired :) It's time to stock some new t-shirts at the TalkBass Store. Given my lack of originality, I'm going to sound the call for help, with a little incentive...

If you have an idea for a T-shirt that you think would appeal to bass players, please send it to admin@talkbass.com. If your idea is used, you'll receive a check for $150 from TalkBass.com.

Written ideas are great, but you can increase your chances of getting your slogan/design used if you submit an actual graphic file. Email any such entries as attachments to admin@talkbass.com. Please send compressed jpg or gif files only, but keep a high-res version on hand if available. Only those ideas submitted to admin@talkbass.com will be eligible. Of course, don't even think about duplicating a copyrighted design... And lastly, let's keep it clean - no obscene or provocative designs please.

Thanks! And good luck!

Winner # 1: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2190014&postcount=36

2. can we as canadian's enter?

3. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    This is a great idea! I think that graphical entries should be also put into this thread, if the author gives his/her consent, so the members, and possible purchasers could take a peek at all the great entrys our fellow bassists can come up with. Kind of like an art show!

Thanks,
    Slick

4. Is there a deadline?

Mike

5. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I don't have anything against Canadians... :) But if your local laws prohibit such contest entries then I better say it... "Void where prohibited" ;)

Feel free to post images to this thread if you like.

There is no set deadline - I'm planning on making this a perpetually running contest...

6. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    Is this going to be a white-on-black design like the other shirts?

7. AWESOME!! this sounds great, can we submit more then once??

8. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I don't have any color restrictions this time around :)

9. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Absolutely.

10. here is mine! no one steal it, i already emailed it!!

[​IMG]

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    not bad

12. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I think the shading wouldn't printscreen well, but I do like it otherwise.

13. here is another one!
    [​IMG]

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    too innuendo?

15. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Bah! These days in America, you might as well wear a shirt that says, "HAVE SEX WITH ME".

16. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yeah but we dont want people to think bassplayers are whores ;)

17. I Always liked the one

"What part of Bmin7b5aug9th#13 don't you understand?"

18. Uuuuhhh.... What about entries from half way around the world? (new zealand)

19. here is one my girlfriend made up!
    [​IMG]

20. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    I'd buy a shirt that says "have sex with me". I already have one that says "b*tches and money" and it gets some looks, no one expects a skinny whitey to wear one of those...

How about "Life after 30 Hz" or something. I have a whole lot of others that are too suggestive, so sorry about the poor idea.