Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OFFICIAL TB BG T-shirt Design Contest. Win $150!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by paul, Jun 27, 2005.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Ok, 'got bass?' is getting a little tired :) It's time to stock some new t-shirts at the TalkBass Store. Given my lack of originality, I'm going to sound the call for help, with a little incentive...

If you have an idea for a T-shirt that you think would appeal to bass players, please send it to admin@talkbass.com. If your idea is used, you'll receive a check for $150 from TalkBass.com.

Written ideas are great, but you can increase your chances of getting your slogan/design used if you submit an actual graphic file. Email any such entries as attachments to admin@talkbass.com. Please send compressed jpg or gif files only, but keep a high-res version on hand if available. Only those ideas submitted to admin@talkbass.com will be eligible. Of course, don't even think about duplicating a copyrighted design... And lastly, let's keep it clean - no obscene or provocative designs please.

Thanks! And good luck!

Winner # 1: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2190014&postcount=36

2. can we as canadian's enter?

3. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    This is a great idea! I think that graphical entries should be also put into this thread, if the author gives his/her consent, so the members, and possible purchasers could take a peek at all the great entrys our fellow bassists can come up with. Kind of like an art show!

Thanks,
    Slick

4. Is there a deadline?

Mike

5. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I don't have anything against Canadians... :) But if your local laws prohibit such contest entries then I better say it... "Void where prohibited" ;)

Feel free to post images to this thread if you like.

There is no set deadline - I'm planning on making this a perpetually running contest...

6. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    Is this going to be a white-on-black design like the other shirts?

7. AWESOME!! this sounds great, can we submit more then once??

8. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I don't have any color restrictions this time around :)

9. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Absolutely.

10. here is mine! no one steal it, i already emailed it!!

[​IMG]

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    not bad

12. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I think the shading wouldn't printscreen well, but I do like it otherwise.

13. here is another one!
    [​IMG]

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    too innuendo?

15. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Bah! These days in America, you might as well wear a shirt that says, "HAVE SEX WITH ME".

16. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yeah but we dont want people to think bassplayers are whores ;)

17. I Always liked the one

"What part of Bmin7b5aug9th#13 don't you understand?"

18. Uuuuhhh.... What about entries from half way around the world? (new zealand)

19. here is one my girlfriend made up!
    [​IMG]

20. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    I'd buy a shirt that says "have sex with me". I already have one that says "b*tches and money" and it gets some looks, no one expects a skinny whitey to wear one of those...

How about "Life after 30 Hz" or something. I have a whole lot of others that are too suggestive, so sorry about the poor idea.