1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Warwick folks in...

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by Craig630, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Craig630

Craig630

Apr 8, 2009
    Boston-ish
    Hey, my bass could use a good tune up/cleaning and I'd like to bring it to someone familiar with the intricacies of Warwick basses.

With all the little things that make Warwicks unique (floating pick-ups, just a nut, two piece bridge, etc...) I'd feel a lot more comfortable dropping my baby off to someone who really knows what they're doing.

Is there anyone in the Portland, Oregon area that you guys could recommend?

2. Craig630

Craig630

Apr 8, 2009
    Boston-ish
    I'm looking to see if someone can really do a number on it. It hasn't been waxed since I got it and the fretboard is drying out a little (needs oil?).

If you've got any contacts in the area I'd appreciate it a ton.

Thanks

3. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
  4. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    I can't recommend anyone specific either, but honestly, if you can find a good, knowledgeable luthier in the area, they should be just fine with setting up the Warwick and giving it a good once-over. As intimidating as a setup is, it is actually VERY easy with the WW bridge, once you take a couple of minutes to figure out how it works.