1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Offset Body

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grindking089, Sep 26, 2010.

1. grindking089

grindking089

Jun 18, 2010
    i was just thinking about how much i dislike the offset body of my jazz bass and i was wondering if any of you guys liked the jazz bass offset body.your input is much appreciated :)

2. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    I much prefer the pbass body, but its not like the jazz body rubs me the wrong way.

3. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    I have no real preference for the Jazz or P body as far as playing them go. I have a real preference for a mid 70's D shaped neck profile and the 2 single coil pickup configuration more so than the shape of the body....

4. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

I like the offset body. Makes it a much more visually interesting bass.

5. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Okay, do you like this offset?

HaneFront-1.jpg

This is mild compared to some I've seen, like the Guild Pilot. The J bass profile is fairly middle-of-the-road IMO.

Riis

6. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I think the Jazzes (offset waists) look better on stage. But a P sits on the floor better... ;)

7. I started out on guitar and while I will always pick the Stratocaster over all
    the Jazzmaster and Jaguar were my fave guitars to look and admire
    I love the offset body
    its the icing to a great bass

8. I think that offset body is what makes Jazz Bass hang just right on me. Very comfortable for my left hand. However, it may make the bass not very stable on some types of stands.

9. ual

ual

Aug 12, 2010
    Perth
    I love the jazz offset body. P basses just look boring to me

10. I like both equally. To me the P-bass looks like a really nice looking utility vehicle, and he Jazz bass looks lke a Corvette. (not the greatest analogy, but I think you get my drift ...)

11. grindking089

grindking089

Jun 18, 2010
    sorry guys for being away for a long time.ive read all your comments and there are much appreciated.in the 2 months i was away, i began to appreciate the offset body of my jazz bass.thank you for your input! :)

12. Dig the looks of my Jazz over my P, but my stand prefers the P. But hey, that's what wall hangers are for, right?

13. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    I liked the shape fo the jazzes better growing up in the 70;s. More visually interesting and fit to body was at least as good as P's. Various friends had J's & p's so I got to play them when they played my gibsons. Lol.

14. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I agree with this. They just seem to balance and hang better.