1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

"Offset" Jack Effect Pedal Patch Cords

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Joey Cash, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Joey Cash

Joey Cash

Nov 1, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I'm looking for a patch cable I can use to connect a pedal with top mounted inputs to one with side mounted inputs without having to twist the cable around. It would be perfect if I had some options that had one of the 90 jacks facing one way while the other end was facing the other. I saw something just like that on Pro Cables N Sound, but man, they sure are expensive. Are there any other options in the patch cord world?

2. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Lava Cable will make these.

3. Joey Cash

Joey Cash

Nov 1, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Ah ok... I've never looked into them before. I suppose that's what they mean by "opposite"?

4. ProfFrink

ProfFrink

Jan 16, 2015
    I don't know much about these guys but someone mentioned them either here or on basschat-UK a few weeks ago:

Pedal Effects Patch Cables - Stompin-Ground

It looks like they do quality work (they even specify how they do strain-relief !!) and they give you options how you want the RA-plugs rotated vs each other.

5. Joey Cash

Joey Cash

Nov 1, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Those look great. I really like the look of the flat headed jacks on some other types of cords, but I think they'd interfere with the power supply on some of the top mounted input jacks.

Plus, I really like being able to choose the color of the strain relief tubing.

ProfFrink likes this.
  6. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

Just get some EBS flat cables, they're easily able to twist around enough for your needs without breaking.

7. DIY with George-Ls.

straight
    STdiagramSM.
    or from the side
    RTdiagramSM.
    yhst-12860235764893_2070_1870744.
    yhst-12860235764893_2070_1020859.

There are other DIY cables that would also accomplish your goal. Avoid the solid ones, ie make sure you buy multi-stranded cable, IMO.