Oh baby I'm in love..Alembic (ebay)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Aug 22, 2003.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    if you stick it out and wait for another one you can get a better price on those...let say around $900 or so depends on the finish

2. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    That was interesting.
  3. Yes. Do wait. There's a lot of these out there and the you can get it for a lower price. That's why I'm never selling mine. Fret markers are not a big thing really, you get used to that kind of neck in no time.

Here's something to keep you in love

Anyway, that Alembic I linked to had purpleheart wood or something, I've heard it's expensive due to it's light weight, not sure. As for the fret markers, I can just color some masking tape and tape it to the back of the neck at the 3,5,7,12, etc. frets.

I'm torn between the Orion and a Spector Euro 5, any thoughts people? I can't try them out, no good music stores within 2 hours of me.
  5. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    IIRC, Purpleheart is one of your heavier woods. Could be that the bass is light, but it probably ain't 'cause of the purpleheart.

6. I do not think there is a need for masking tape. You can't have that on alembic, please! Each alembic has side dots (bronze, silver, gold leds...), which guide you through the fingerboard.
    Haven't tried spector, though. But do take the 2 hour drive someday.

Hope this helps.

7. I've been to the store that's 2 hours away, it's on the other side of the island.

Last time I went there..they had some fenders..a few ibanez..all I remember. If I can land a job as paper boy (hah), I can get a car, so I'll go there when I feel like it.

I'm hoping to be paper boy in the morning, go to school, then work in the afternoon. Man, I could maybe get the spector AND the alembic :D

Or I could just save up for a sadowsky..that'd take a while though.

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA
    Alembic rocks! Love those things.