Oh Boy!!!! if you could see me.....I'm doing the Walter Woods dance!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rock City, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    So the phone rings Monday afternoon and guess who's on the other end? RIGHT! Walter Woods! He says my amp is ready, and if I overnight payment I can have it by Thursday. So I RUN to the bank, then call Fedex, and sure enough, the amp shows up today!!!!!!!!!!
    I gotta tell ya......This thing ROCKS! I've wanted one for years, but didn't want to drop the cash or wait a year. This might be the best purchase I've ever made, and the wait was 2 1/2 weeks!
  2. Nice!

As new members of the Tiny-Assed Amp brotherhood, we should unite in a chorus of "Damn, my back feels a lot better."

3. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Looks like the Marshalls, Hiwatts, SVT's, West's and Acoustic 360 won't be seeing the light of day for a while!
    I've been using 2 Bergantino HT-112's lately with various heads and LOVING that. I'm sure the Woods will be the bomb! I've also got an old Mesa 1x15 Diesel cab w/ a Bergantino 15" in it that should rock for the smaller stuff.
    7 F'n pounds/1200 watts? Call me stupid........I'll live!
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Congrats, man! Pics? And how come only two weeks?
  5. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Congrats, GGeek...

Peter, you got a Woods too?
  6. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass

Nice choice;)

7. Nah, I don't have that kind of cash. I got jimbass55's Clarus.

This thing is little, man.
  8. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW

IIRC he mentioned in another post that he bought the (2) of the 1200 watters (one is for his friend) so Walter sped things up a bit (to say the least!).
  9. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Its my understanding that Walter works in batches and he takes order roughly up till the limit on the batch then quotes time piriods that reflect the next batch.(batches of each unit he makes and the ultra is by far his best seller theses days)

When he is done with the batch(or close) he calls the people with orders .in some cases they cant afford it then but want to wait or have changed thier minds.This leaves the unit unclaimed and the next person who calls gets the unit offerd to him/her imediatlly.(this happened to a friend of mine).

Bottom line is its a lot of luck

10. Flatbass11

Flatbass11 Supporting Member

May 29, 2001
    Medford, MA
    Gibson Geek,

Will you have the amp at Rock City so that we can drool over it?
  11. Tapp

Aug 29, 2001
    USA, Mississippi
    Hey Gibsongeek,

Once your dance stops I bet you come back to the tubes LOL; just kiddin man. That's great and I'm glad your pleased. Once you've had some gigs give us some big time details.

12. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    spanky.....WHERE YOU BEEN????? Yeah, I'll have it there, come by and play it!!!!!
    TAP........Nope....the Hiwatt's not for sale!! LOL!!
    Andrew....nice talking to you today as always! Hopefully we can get your stuff sold and get you some more killer gear!
  13. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I can't wait to hear the WW. It's amazing that a 7 lb. box can push 1200 watts!!! Do you need a BDDI to fatten it up?
    I'm comming to Logan on Sunday, but I'll miss you 'caus I'm dropping my daughter off at 4 am. Can't hang around for 7hrs.
    How about some details...
  14. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    wow, did you know that there are TWO Walter Woods head for sale right now on bassgear.com??

15. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    I saw those two amps for sale on Ebay. One of them is SUPER old and only 100 watts. Fine for upright but thats about it. The other one looks like it was modded. The Electracoustic models just have a 1/4" line out. It looks as though someone tried to put the old style Woods XLR there and then retuned it to 1/4" with a plastic panel. I was going to bid on it but that kinda spooked me.