Oh boy! What did I just do?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rockgurl, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Rockgurl

Dec 17, 2004
    CT, USA
    I just splurged out on rather a lot of money and bought me a 2003 Warwick Thumb "Bleached Blonde" limited edition signed by no other than Warwick founder Hans Peter Wilfer. Wow. I can't believe I just did that. It has an ash body, chrome hardware, a flame maple top, flame maple neck, fingerboard, and headstock, MEC JJ Pickups and 2-Band EQ. On the fretboard there's a unique abalone inlay of a sun that's setting gradually behind a mountain, more hidden with each consecutive inlay. the 24th fret inlay is of a wolf howling at the moon! What a unique piece of wood!

Now I can play with the grown ups! :D

2. Söderberg

Sep 30, 2004
    ...no way near my up of tea but if it suits you: I´m glad
  3. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA

Awesome bass!

How do you like it? Are you dealing with the neck dive o.k.?

I love the way mine sounds and and the way it feels when I cradle it in my lap. During a gig I hardly notice the dive.

4. Rockgurl

Dec 17, 2004
    CT, USA
    Haven't really noticed any neck dive, but I have noticed that the neck is longer than my Ibanez, so it will take some time to get used to the new playing position. It's so sweet though, and the action is perfect.
  5. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Sweet! :)

Rockgurl, you better change the "saving up" part in your profile. :D
  6. Rockgurl

Dec 17, 2004
    CT, USA
    LMAO! Now I'm saving up to eat! I was a bad girl today. I also ordered a Gallien-Krueger 700RB ll and a GK 210. My bank manager will be calling me up soon I think. They didn't have them in stock so they lent me a used GK 400RB and a brand new SWR Goliath Jr lll for my gigs this week, but when I got the Goliath out of the box the front grill had been bashed and the speakers are shot. One speaker sounds like a bad fart and the other doesn't make any noise at all. Looks like I'll be taking it back tomorrow. Shame...I really wanted to hear myThumb tonight. :bawl:
  7. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    That's an awesome looking instrument...I am jealous!
  8. Alla

Sep 25, 2000
  9. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'd say that's a nice purchase. :smug: I love that color, I've never seen it before!
  10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Hahahahaha! Oh man. Yep, sounds like something I'd do. Great call on the bass, it looks incredibly swanky. Never played a GK other than their little Kickback Combos, though. Good luck on the whole eating thing though! :D
  11. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    That`s a gorgeus instrument !!!

You know, last night I`ve been dreaming about a flamed maple fretboard and this morning I see yours.
  12. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    If youre refering to THE Nick, he no longer is a warwick buff, because he now has a spector.. now THEY are the greatest brand ever......even though they used to look like amoebas.
  13. Played one, awesome bass. Really light too. Enjoy it!
  14. Eh? Spector are better value for mony than warwick, but the osund is totally different.
  15. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Heh. I agree ... i agreee... definitely different sound. :)
  16. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Ha ha ha ha! :D:D:D

When I was a young teenage punk, my mom co-signed my first credit card. I promptly went out and bought a Guild B-301A. It was a pretty good bass at the time. Well, I didn't eat well for about two years after that, 'cause my folks found out about my "impulsive purchase", and they refused to bail me out of that particular situation. It was okay though, 'cause I don't mind mac-n-cheese. Basses are better than steaks, any day of the week (unless of course you haven't eaten in a while, in which case you better find a gig pretty soon). :):):)
  17. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Congratulations. If I didn't know that Bongo basses were the best basses in the world I would definitely be GASsing for for one of those bleached blondes. :) They're beautiful, plus they play and sound ground.

petary - that was awfully quick. thanks for the credit. :D
  18. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    The neck is still 34", just the upper horm is shorter ;)