1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Oh Craigslist...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spencer!, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
  2. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Hmmmm.... I should stop into Mike's shop and ask him how is line of Conklin Groove Tools basses are doing.

3. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    with that description, you can almost bet that the condition is not what he is describing either.

4. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    I think you guys are stretching this one a little bit...............The owner claims it was "made fretless by Mike Lull", not that it is a fretless bass made by Mike Lull - do you see the difference? Also, I checked Conklin's site, they do mention "custom Bartolini Bill Dicken's model pickups".....it's there, 5 para/section down under the Groove Tools hyper link.

Edit: I see the "Bruce Dickens".......However, I am assuming he meat Bill

5. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I wonder if he means Mike Lull pulled the frets, thus making this a fretless? I don't know if Conklin made the BD model in fretless. I thought they only made fretted versions. (The GT-7 comes in a fretless, but not sure about the BD model). That's why I think he may mean that Lull pulled the frets...customly at that. Bruce Dickens? hmm....dude should check the spelling on the pickups.

6. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    you guys have no idea who Bruce Dickens is I take it.

And you are suggesting it is a 'custom, made fretless' instead of a custom made fretless.

Don't buy it.

7. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I think what everyone is getting at with this is that it's "Bill Dickens" not "Bruce Dickens". It says it right there on the pickups actually. So it's kind of amusing that he got the name wrong. And you are correct, the BD models did have different pres and pups than the GT-7 version.