So today i decided to change my battery to a new Duracell in my bass. I have a Warwick Thumb 6 with active pu's/preamp. I didn't notice that I left the volume on full and the bass was plugged in the amp which was also on. When i unplugged the old battery and started putting a new one on i smelt burning electricity and a bit of smoke started appearing. I quickly took the new battery (which was half way in) out and unplugged the patch cord from the input as well as turned the volume all the way down on the bass. I swear to God, I never came close to crapping my pants then I did today when that happened. I thought I burned something out, and to be honest I dont know whether I did or not. I put the new battery in, turned the bass on and everything seemed to work. I tested the volume knob, then the Low/Treble knobs, and then the Pickup balance/pan knob and they all worked. Is there a better way to check whether i messed something up? Any advice/feedback/insults-for-my-stupidity kindly welcome thanks.