Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OH CRAP (my belt buckle has ruined my life)!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by small, heavy be, May 12, 2005.

1. small, heavy be

small, heavy be

Apr 25, 2005
    i was in a hurry to get ready for work this morning and my big ass belt buckle clipped my brand new bass. now there is a pit in the paint. it's not big, or even noticeable (to anyone but me), but it's got me all riled up . . .
    is there any way to fix it?

2. shnapper

shnapper

May 1, 2005
    Az
    You would be amazed how many colors of quality fingernail paint you have access to. If it's a small ding maybe consider fixing the same way you would touch up a door ding on a car? So wipe it, tape it, touch it up with a matching color and your done. :hyper:

My suggestion is if it's a painted finish to find either some good automotive touch up paint or some fingernail paint. You literally have 100's of colors to choose from to make a match. Oh ya then get rid of the "Roper boots" national cow roping 1st place in rodeo competition belt buckle ASAP :eek: :D

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    +1

Those "Pimped Caddy Rim" belt buckles are -not- instrument friendly....

4. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Tell me about it. My Famous Stars and Straps buckle is killing my bass :spit:

5. small, heavy be

small, heavy be

Apr 25, 2005
    this didn't happen when i was wearing the belt (i always have a shirt over my buckle when i play) - i was rushing to get dressed for work and, like the clumsy fellow i am, i let the belt swing into the bass.
    it would never have happened if the landlord hadn't shut off the water without warning, but that's a whole different issue.