1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Oh dear God...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Johnny Mac, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    I was just browsing the musician forum on Metal Archives, and in the bassist thread, I almost cried when I saw this:

Sadly, I haven't gotten my account confrimation email, so I can't put him in his place.

2. CoDBassPlayer

CoDBassPlayer

Oct 30, 2006
    Aksarben
    Yeah, but Jamerson had no influence on metal that I can hear.(I don't listen to much though. So I may be wrong.) So maybe he's like Jason Newsted to modern Jazz?

3. AcidShred

AcidShred

Nov 9, 2006
    Register and put him in his place. Now

4. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    You can't save the world from stupidty. Idiots abound. Some are even forum moderators, others are even presidents of countries.

5. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    What was the context of the post? If that was it, then yeah, it's stupid. But if it was in the context of having an influence on metal like CoD said, then I'd have to agree.

6. Scottgun

Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    Well, ask him to explain himself first, then let him have it with both barrels if he does not give a good explanation.

7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I wanted to know the context too, so I Googled "Metal Archives+James Jamerson" and found the thread - I won't link to it due to profanity issues, but if the crack about Jamerson was the only peice of stupidity you found in the thread then you didn't read it!

The entire forum seems to be over flowing with stupidity, I'd stay at Talkbass.;)

8. Jamerson doesn't care. Why should you?

9. I'm with tZer. There are toooooo many stooopid folks out there to bother correcting their silly misconceptions.

10. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

I've posted a couple of times over there, but mostly lurk, and I saw that comment. Like anything, you have your people who know what they're talking about, and you have your 14 year old pimple heads who want to look ub3r kVlt with their revolutionary knowledge. Granted, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but to sweep somebody under the rug without any real evidence as to why you're doing so is weak.

Either way, as said, I'm a user over there, under the name PanPan (hey, two pans equal a ton of skull cracking metal! :ninja: ), and I'm probably just going to ignore that comment.

11. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    I've been playing metal as long as I've been playing bass (around 10 years). I even consider myself a bit of an expert on metal.

I've never heard of James Jameson.

12. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    i think jamersons influence affected all rhelms of modern bass playing, jazz, hip hop, country and yes, even metal and hard rock. the hook was a phenominal step forward for bass playing and line writing regardless of musical genres.

13. let it go, you can't force enlightenment on people... they have to find the well and drink on their own.

14. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    this is very true TAZ, but i am proud ot have posted what i did. his influence is undoubtably as big as any on any modern bassist, even if not directly, one might be influenced by someone who was influenced by him or whatever. no way around it.