1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Oh drummer where for art thou

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Jezz8me, Jun 6, 2007.

1. I have been looking for a drummer for about six months now and i have yet to find one willing to play in a band with me. I understand that indie/ altern music can be limiting to drummers but there must be a drummer around who listens to it.

I want to look for a drummer in my school but they are all metal eads and I don't know any local drummers

aye me!

(sorry about the romeo and juliette references see how much of a drama nerd you are and spot them ;) )

2. I listen to a lot of music I don't particularly want to play ;)

Must you only do Indi/alternative yourself? It seems to be limiting you, especially if those metal eads have bands going or no shortage of offers.

3. theLimeyBrit

theLimeyBrit Used Register

Feb 3, 2006
    Longview, TX
    **hijack**

"wherefore art thou" does not mean "where are you?"

It means "why are you?"

As in, "Romeo, why are you a Montague? Why can't you be in a family that's not feuding with mine? Daddy's gonna be, like, *so* mad if I go out with you!"

Aye me.

/English nerd

**/hijack**

4. neatobassman

neatobassman

Jul 16, 2005
    Antelope CA
    Beat to it. lol.

As for as finding drummers, it's hard. I'm trying to find a drummers for two different projects right now, so I know how you feel. I don't see how playing indie/alternative can be limiting for a drummer. It's his choice on what he plays. lol. Some quick spots to check are classifides (craiglist, myspace, etc.) Go to guitar shops and talk to some drummers, stop by rehersal spots and see what type of ads are posted there. Good luck.

5. yea i know that where for art thou does not mean where are you :p and i just love theater and poetry :(

and as for depth charge said we are not limited, we play more punky stuff and just about anything that uses an acoustic guitar but a drummer which i used to think was incredibly common is so hard to find.

6. I have the un-envious job of having to let our drummer go tonight! I hate doing this kind of thing but has to be done. He was turning up two/three hours late for rehearsals. Didn't turn up at all for one without as much as a call. Got a call once from him two hours into a rehearsal wondering if we were rehearsing..... HE booked the studio!! The rest of us agreed that left standing in a rehearsal studio is pain in the bum enough, without getting nervous about being stood up at a gig.

Thoughts of the value of a drum machine is being contemplated!! lol

The search commences again!!!

7. i would realy like to see a non hip hop act using a drum machine at a gig, i realy would

8. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Same thing around here.

Tons of metal bands...not too much else.

9. I've been looking for a drummer for a few months now, all the ones around her seem to be either only interesting in non-technical punk (ie they have no musical understanding) or are metal heads (double kick obsessed, and only play at one speed). Unless you live in a city with a good original music scene, good drummers can be very rare.

10. i live in a city with a good origional music scene, melbourne is the best in australia according to, well melbournians. problem is my suburb is metalish and i have not mixed with the wider music community much as i havn't gotten the opertunity

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 20, 2021