Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Oh, God. Turn on MTV.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Guss, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Right now. It is sad. Crazy video gamers.:rolleyes:
    I had no idea people actually did this. Has anybody seen this episode?:eek: :eek:

2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

What was it?

3. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Yup, just saw it!!!!!! so flipping stupid. How stupid. I couldn't go out with a guy who spends all his time in a bar playing games...now, if he is playing bass, that is whole different story. I don't think Graig and Courtny will last....

What happened to the MTV when it meant M usic T elevision...:rolleyes:

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Well what was it exactly?

5. It was one of those stupid True Life things. It was about people addicted to video games. All they did for a living was playing video games or something.

MTV sucks. They suck hard.

6. i'm usually saying "oh, god. Turn OFF MTV."

"seriously, God. if anyone has the power to stop MTV; you do."

7. You just asked us to turn on a god-awful TV channel to catch a god-awful episode of a god-awful series.

In effect, you instructed us to harm ourselves.

What's next? "Quick Quick! Put your hand in a blender!"
    "Quick! Quick! try holding a firecracker in your teeth and lighting it!"
    "Hey! How many people here have played chicken on an Airport runway?"

Whatever, Ozzy.

:rolleyes: ;)

8. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I must say that the Pac-Man world champ had me laughing like crazy. I believe his quote was (in a very serious tone):

No offense to any gamers, but this guy, I mean "Mr. Pac-Man," took himself a little to seriously.

9. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    I thought that guy was pretty cool in a stuck in the 70's hairstyle kinda way. How bout his jeans, he looked like he was vacuum packed into them. And BTW that's Mr Benbass to you!;)

MTV is pretty ridiculous, yesterday they had this urban myth show on. The first myth was about a guy who got his manhood stuck in a swimming pool suction hole. They had a police officer on the show who claimed that it really happened. Another hour of my life down the tube. At least I got some practicing done while I was watching.

10. Apparently those video gamers can make a little coin during the world championships. Not enough to live on but it's funny how gamer sites will post "classic" matches in mpeg format and they all look like me or you playing games. :rolleyes:

Years later and Tekken 3 still kick ass. I'm "Mr. Lei Wulong" to you. :meh:

11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    This game is my favorite. I won a tourny up here.....and i use, LEI! kick ass cop from china SUCKAS!

(Can you do all his forms Rabid? KICK ASS!)

12. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    ladies you want none of me and king

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I can't belive reality TV. It's so stupid. You want reality? Get off your ass and live it.

14. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Why don't you just change the channel or turn the tube off?

15. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    My whole take on everyone:

The Order of Light guys: They definatley need to get out of the house more. I wouldn't hang out with them on a daily basist but they seemed like cool people. The main dude who wore the leather jacket seemed like a cool guy.

The Golden Tee guy: I really disliked this guy. I think about 50% of that is because he looks and acts just like a client I had to deal with when I was an IT technician. I think the other 50% is because he just seemed like a pompous jerk.

Fatl1ty: He seemed like a cool guy. Got to admire his drive. "Trains" 12 hours a day playing video games. Still, I don't know if I could be "fulfilled" making my life out of play video games. But some people might not see how I can be fulfilled by making a life from music, so I guess I'll just leave it at that.

The Pacman guy - I agree with Jason. This dude just took himself way to serious. I get the impression that he considered beating Pac Man the greatest accomplishment of his life. I'm glad he is a big wig at a restuarant chain though cause it really would have depressed me if he wasn't and was talking about beating Pac Man like he was. Other than that, he seemed like a cool guy. Definatley has a cool charisma thing about him. And I have to agree, he had awesome hair.

16. god...

Ok, let me get one thing out of the way. I'm a gamer. I will spend maybe 2-3 hours Sat. and Sun. playing Half Life and other LAN games with my friends. But when monday rolls around, i'm back into the groove. Thats it.

now with that out of the way

these guys need to get a life...

17. I find that his Snake, Panther and Crane are the only useful ones. My strategies revolve around strategically dropping to the ground to avoid attacks, launchers (uppercut, hopkick, springkick) and sweeps to mess up the opponents rhythm and rush punching for pressure. :meh:

Speaking of martial arts, I was doing forearm training on my wooden pole last night (for the first time this year) and didn't get any bruises. Yay, I still got it!

18. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I only saw the last 15 minutes or so. I got a kick out of the golf-game championships, it just looked like some bar somewhere. Not enough footage of the game when Fatal1ty was playing. Did they mention the Counter-Strike championships at all? I was damn impressed watching those last year (via HLTV). It's a team sport, and involves a lot of strategy and tactics.

19. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    maybe the pac-man dude was just differentiating which pac-man game he won: mr. pacman not ms. pacman which came out a few years later? :confused: :rolleyes:

everybody knows that I am the Ms. Pacman world champ!!! :spit: