Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Oh Happy Day

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Stu L., Aug 2, 2002.

1. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Just finished the EMG install into my Fender Steve Harris P. WOW what a difference. I think the biggest difference is that my Ampeg actually sounds great now. The active circuit is great. Why didn't anyone tell me it was this great to have EMG's? ;)

Stu

2. jmanyea

jmanyea

Mar 20, 2002
    St. Louis
    I've got a Steve Harris P and I'm real happy w/ the 1/4 pounder. I may add the Raven Labs retrofit circuit but I'm thinking it 1/4 pounder might be a little too hot. Did you have to do any routing?

3. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Yes, I had it routed. Fender didn't leave much room to play with this one.

The Duncans sounded good, I just thought they lacked a little. And in the event i didn't like the EMG's, I put it together(sp?) with the battery hanging out to try it first. Then had it routed. Depending on how long the battery's last, I might even have a battery box installed on back to save time.
    Stu

4. Blux

Blux

Feb 5, 2002
    Philadelphia, Pa.
    just a suggestion, remember to always turn volume all the way off and unplug the cable when you are not playing. I learned that the hard way. Only getting a few weeks of use for each battery.

5. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas

Already doing that. Thanks though.