1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Oh I am In LOVE!!!(warning fEARful Content)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by canadian*eh, Dec 29, 2011.

1. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    O man I am soooooo in love with my cabs. As alot of you know i had myself built a fEARul 15/6/1 and 1515/66/1 by an authorized Builder TB member Dekker here in canada. I have had my cabs for almost a week and have been loving every min i get to play through them!! I took my 1515/66/1 with me to a practice / recording my band was doin today.( I know i know over kill but it was fun!):D Man that cab is a killer ! We were doing some recording and was using the di out on my Carvin b2000 into the recording consul and man You could not tell the difference from the di to the sound coming from the cab....I have never herd anything sooo clean!!:) Have I mentioned I love these cabs?:hyper: I really don't know how I ever made it without these cabs before I could never do it again. My band mates could not believe how clean,clear,loud and low it was. I gave them a demo of how low It could go by drop tuning it down to a low f# they were in awe and a lil scared Esp when the whole Place just about shaking so hard and did not even have it that loud yet,which it can get bloody loud and still not a fart out of it!! Needless to say it was awesome!!! Thankyou thankyou thankyou greenboy for giving the world fEARful. My life will never be the same....I am in heaven!! Well I will leave it at that for now Just had to share...I am truly having the fEARful time of my life!!!...all you doubters Really need to hear one of these....you will be tripping over yourselves trying to get one built!!! Peace All and a Happy New Year!!!~Elliot

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    They have an unusual look. How did you come up with that? Need to see a bigger pic than the one in your avatar.

3. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    They are just black Carpet with a white baffle and white grill. I was going to get them done in just all black before but decided that i wanted something that would stand out. I really liked the contrasted between the white and black....and after seeing a cab that had been done white with a black grill i thought it would be cool to do that in reverse and thus came up with the cabs i have now!!;) But besides looking great they sound AMAZING!! way better then i ever could of dreamed of!!

Attached Files:

4. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    They look great!

5. popgadget

popgadget Commercial User

Sep 4, 2005
    Eastern, PA USA
    Authorized Greenboy Designs Builder, Scabbey Road
    My fEARful sent my SVT 410 and 810 into retirement (I still have them). As zealous as Canadian*eh seemed, he may be understating the sound of a fEARful.

6. topcat2069

topcat2069

Dec 2, 2007
    Palm Springs
    I'm gonna go over to Palm Springs to listen to a fEARful 15/6 @ Anchak's today.... I'm afraid I'm gonna catch the fever........

:cool:

7. Foz

Foz

Jul 26, 2008
    Jax FL USA
    GET COVERS BEFORE YOU DING UP THEM PRETTY WHITE GRILLS!

8. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    I've been avoiding fEarful because I know that eventually I'll want some and part of my Ampeg room of doom needs to sell first. If I wait until I have more money and space... :cool:

9. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    ThatÂ’s one sweet earth-shaking rig! Marshall stacks? Get outa here! Loud drummer? PALEEZE!!!! Is it a 4 ohm cab? You pumping about 1200 watts into that bad boy?

:bag:

10. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Hey topcat,

While you're out there maybe you'll get a chance to hear the new 118 and 218 "rockbox" subs Ron has been prototyping for me. They're designed for the brutality of the 1200-watts-and-up driver category, with huge amounts of porting and bracing. Nuclear.

11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    I dig the look, BTW. It's unusual but I dig it.

12. topcat2069

topcat2069

Dec 2, 2007
    Palm Springs
    I'll ask him.... ;)

13. domestique

domestique

Sep 5, 2011
    PA
    Lucky, maybe you can check out my build status for me!? Ron is building two 15/6/1's for me, and they should be done anyday now.

Canadian*eh, I am glad you are enjoying them, but it isn't making my wait any easier!

14. topcat2069

topcat2069

Dec 2, 2007
    Palm Springs
    I know he's in a building frenzy what with all the orders and NAMM coming up...... I'll see what I can find out for you.

15. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Reminds me of one of my fave Dead lyrics: It takes dynamite to get me up; too much of everything is just enough:p

Even a single 15/6 is pretty nuclear when pushed, but I guess the 18 subs are to a 15/6 as 10 megatons are to 1 :p

Go Green One:bassist:

16. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Substitute that section of I NEED A MIRACLE into LOOSE LUCY... for a real good time ; }

17. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    You perv!

:D

18. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    I promise you that you wont just catch the fEVEr you will infect everyone around you with it too!!:D

I dont have cover covers for them but when i am traveling i have blankets i wrap them in. Nice thing about a flat white grill it is very very eazy to touch up the paint on them and you cant see that you did not like gloss paint the leaves shinny spots every place you paint over!!:rollno:

In fact it is 1300 watts i am pumping into it!! :p but yes marshall stack...Whats that?? :D

:eek::eek: Stop it greenboy stop it. You going to start getting my GAS going again.... and i dont have the money to build a bomb shelter:bag:

Thankx Man.... Yeah i really dig them myself....it gets people to asking...what is that??...and then they get the fEARful Sermon:D they are a great conversation starter!!:smug:

19. topcat2069

topcat2069

Dec 2, 2007
    Palm Springs
    :scowl::scowl::scowl::scowl::scowl::scowl::scowl::scowl:

Here I sit watching the maps download from Garmin (since 8:45...... Ron said he'll have others I can check out middle to late next week.... I told him to get the one that's ready shipped !!

I didn't go....:crying::bawl::crying:

20. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Who can blame you? SoCal traffic is ass!