Oh, look! A puddy cat!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Aug 18, 2002.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Sometimes my life is like something from a Three Stooges short...

I just got in a few minutes ago from doing some minor work on the car out in the driveway. It's after dark, but I was using a flashlight.

Our neighborhood is rather dark, with the nearest streetlight at the end of the block. We also have a bit of a problem with stray cats coming around and making our four Greyhounds nuts. So, when I see a cat around the house, I do my damnedest to scare it off.

So here I am, leaning over the driver's side fender with a soldering iron and a flashlight. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a cat sniffing around the front part of the open garage. I quietly put down the soldering iron and flash, raise my arms up high, start moving to rush around the front of the car, and have my mouth open to shout...when...wait...

Cats don't have pointy noses and a white stripe down their back, do they?!?

Luckily, the *skunk* didn't unload on me, because I was only a few feet away. He was last seen waddling into the neighbors bushes.

Damn, that was *too close* for comfort...
    PWRL and Nino Valenti like this.
  2. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    You never watched Pepe Le Peu, did you? Cats can have stripes on their backs! Are you sure it wasn't just paint? :p
    Nino Valenti and machine gewehr like this.
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    LOL :D
  4. Oh, ze li-tel lah-dee, she iss shy, no?

Rock on
  5. You scare me sometimes, Eric.
  6. Look, just cause I remember all the cartoons I have ever watched doesn't make me a freak, okay?

Rock on
  7. Listen

May 19, 2002
    Do you live in chicago or "chicagoland" I have never seen one driveway in Chicago.
  8. Skunks are sneaky little buggers.

A few weeks back, I encountered one during my softball game. There I am out playing left field, and on to the field twenty five feet or so behind me, here comes a skunk. I'm a little concerned about where to find twenty cans of tomato juice at 11:00 PM, so I yell into the ump; "hey, blue, there's a skunk on the field". He comes back with "he smells better than you do", and the game went on. Skunk finally wanders off after a few minutes or so. At least our opponents weren't hitting the ball that night.
  9. Freak?? nah just an idiot. :p

10. Hey, shut up!! Look who's talking, loser!! Talk to the hand, cause the face don't care. Like, whatever!!

Rock on
  11. Ahhh! My already fragile network of grey matter! :rolleyes:
  12. ::Marsha Brady voice on::

Like, the walls, in the mall, are totally totally tall!!

::Marsha Brady voice off::

Rock on
  13. A skunk in your driveway? Well that would never happen in my municipality, no-sir-e-Bob! :D

So it's skunks for you, and racoons for me. In the last few years racoon sightings have gone from very rare to pretty common here in Queens, why? I do not know. Sounds like you were pretty lucky, Heavy D.

Mike J.
  14. gbenner

May 20, 2001
    ocean, new jersey
    yea, the three stooges

Did you go to school stupid, yea, and I came out that way too.

Are you sure this is in competent hands, suit-an-inly were all incompetent.

Sorry don't remember any skunk jokes.
  15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    a skunk in your driveway!?

there's a snake in my boots!!

(sorry, i've been watching the toy story dvd a lot lately) :D
  16. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I almost stepped on a porcupine (sp?) once when I was a bit younger (6ish i think)... but my mom saw it before I did and yelled at me... thanks mom for saving my foot from total danger and me from a lot of pain :)
  17. Like you are such a bitch like.. that time we like had a sleep over like and all you did was talk about Gary and like how small his errr ears were! And Like you laughed at me like for that one time LIKE i was at band camp...

hmmm i scare myself sometimes.

18. capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    This thread is funny because its old!!
  19. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome Banned

Oct 1, 2010
    Toast. As in, "this thread is..."
    DeathFromBelow likes this.