Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Oh man... monster cable problem

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Im a sock, May 25, 2003.

1. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I've been having lots of problems with my monster cables over the last month or so. I saw in the monster cable debate thread that somebody said GC lets you take them back to where you bought them and they fix/replace them for free, since they have a lifetime warranty. Now, has anyone ever done this.... WITHOUT THE RECEIPT?!?! (dun dun dunnn!)

Anyways, I have 4 cables, and i think I only have the receipt for one of them... and I bought most them at least three years ago. what do you think?

2. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Yes, I have done it many times. The warranty is through Monster, not GC. Go to anywhere that sells Monster, give them the bad cable and they give you a new one. If you get a hassle, report it to Monster. The retailers are bound to honor the warranty.

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Only one reciept. Easy. Bring em back one at a time and a coupe of weeks apart.

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    No worries man, no reciept needed, no questions asked. Just bring it back to any Monster Cable dealer, they'll replace it, no question.

I work at a Monster Cable dealer, do it all the time.

5. thank good u dont need a reciept. my new speaker cable just broke and i dont have one. i only had the thing for 2 weeks. at least it was my fault it broke not a defect.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Which is why I bought monster. Any where, any time, any dealer, I can just get a new cable. So, while some people will argue as to the worth of monster cables, I'm happy to know that's probably the last I spend on an instrument cable.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've had a Monster Cable. It was given to me by the local rep when I was at Sam Ash. Personally, I didn't notice a difference.

The warranty is VERY nie but I've had the same Spectraflex cable since 1994 & I've never had a peoblem that I couldn't fix in less than 5 minutes.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Neither did I. It's the warranty that I bought.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    All the time, huh? Maybe those Monster cables aren't as hot as we thought.

10. This thread reminded me to take my monster bass cable back. When loading up after a gig, it got caught in my cable case (aluminum briefcase). Nearly cut it into two. Didn't notice until the next practice when I was using it. Didn't have a single prob...other than exposed wires! Lol.

So, they only had the 21ft ones...instead of the 12 that I have. So they just gave me the 21. Coolios.