1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Oh my freaking... AHHHH!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by photoshopgeek, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Should have made it a four string. :p
    With that much money, you could get several sexy basses. Like the Fodera Victor Wooten Monarch and every Warwick you could get your hands on. :bassist:

2. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    That is a very beautiful bass. Not gawdy or overly onate.

3. BananaKing

BananaKing Supporting Member

May 15, 2008
    Vancouver, B.C.
    I've seen that before.

Jens has some awesome instruments.

However, every time I read that the nut is made of 10,000 year old mammoth Ivory, I imagine Jens in the mountains, using a chisel on a Mammoth frozen in Ice :D

4. A piece of culture? Is that what they're calling it now?:rolleyes:

5. Geck

Geck

Apr 19, 2008
    Does anyone else besides me think that is hideously ugly? It just seems so incredibly flashy and cluttered to me.

6. Psh, it was only $100,000 back when Jens was selling it directly :eyebrow:

7. Dark Star

Dark Star

Jun 18, 2008
    CT, RI, NC
    Wasn't that talked about in a Bass Player a while ago?

8. i wonder how much it ran jens to make that thing

9. I'm not overly impressed. There's always going to be somebody out there that's going to make basses that are of glitter and gold; it's just not my thing.:smug:

10. Left Left Goose

Left Left Goose Banned

Aug 19, 2008
    ugly as sin but dam a 35" 5 er with all that inlays is still only 8 1/2 pounds!!! :eek:

11. OK, I'll give in a little, 8.5 lbs. is impressive for a 5'er like that.:smug:

12. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    See, I was thinking just the opposite. Were you being sacastic?

13. Man I could buy 50 hand made MTD's for that price.

14. It's a decent looking bass, but for that amount of money I could buy every bass I've ever wanted and still have enough left over to pay off my student loans.

It's sickening to think that this bass exists for the sole purpose of being a fashion statement. To me a bass is a tool, and a tool that never gets used is a waste. I'm guessing that whoever buys this bass won't care about the utilitarian nature of the bass.

15. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    No. If it were pink with purple polka dots or covered in multicolored rhinestones and sparkly binding, then it would be butt ugly and gawdy to boot. The vine inlay on it is similar to Steve Vai's Ibanez Gem guitar. Only I think the inlays on the bass are nicer. I also like the wood used for the body.

16. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    The type of people that would buy a bass like that remind me of those snobby hotrod owners. You know, the guys that have that beautiful '34 three window coupe, amazing paint job, obscenely powerful engine... yet they don't drive it. They just load it in a trailer and tow it from showroom to showroom.

Pointless IMO. If you can't use it, or feel uncomfortable using it, there's no point in having it.

17. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    People are free to spend their money on whatever they want.

But as far as I'm concerned a quarter-million dollar bass guitar is obscene. Almost criminal. I guess if the $$$ were going to chairty...

And yeah, you nailed it on the high-end shiny hotrod crowd.

I gotta friend into rods, but he's into ratrods that really play. Most of his stuff stays in primer coats for the most part...