Oh my god, I can't believe I just did that.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Aaron Saunders, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Well, just to occupy my hands, I've been playing with this stapler -- it's all weird and stuff, you can kind of dissemble it and reassmble it, etc. I was just playing with it, and I guess I'd forgotten that the staples were in it this time, and...you know, used it. I felt this kind of shooting pain in my finger, and BAM. I pull the stapler away, and hanging out of my finger is a freakin' staple. It wasn't like a crazy pain, so I pulled the staple out of my finger -- do you have any idea how WEIRD it is to watch as you pull a sharp metal object out of your flesh?

I tossed a band aid on and it's all good, but daaaaaamn. Stupid, much?
  2. That happened to some kid in a class I was in lomg ago.. Glad it's never happened to me. I got shot in the head w/ an arrow once, though.
  3. I applaud your actions.

Its people like you who make the world more interesting. ;)
  4. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Gonna have to put in more effort if you want a Darwin Award though. :eyebrow:
  5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    cool. I had a small piece of metal taken out of my toe like that. Very interesting to watch.
  6. I had to go to several doctors as a child for what seemed like an ear infection. Turns out there was a hair literally sticking through my eardrum in two places. It seemed like my hair, which had been cut not long before.....

And other unrelated stories that involve me getting hurt.
  7. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    You guys are serious about watching? I'd freaking faint! No toughguy faking here!
  8. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I still have a scar on my left arm from high school. My friend and I were hanging posters up in the hallway and she put the stapler next to my arm and I'm all "you best be getting that away from me" and she laughed and then BAM right into my forearm. Hurt like a biznatch, it went all the way in and when I moved my arm I could hella feel it in my muscle. Course I left it in for a few weeks and it healed up... kinda like a piercing only with more tetanus.
  9. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    I watched the doctor remove in ingrown toenail on my big toe once.
  10. Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    i stapled myself when i was in elemtary school. It hurt! today i can actually see the scar but it looks like a small freckle now.
  11. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Actually, without getting into the details, I must respond yes - I do know exactly what it's like to staple ones own finger and then remove the staple. ;)

The needle in the foot story reminded me of a time when I was working on something in my living room while drinking a few beers and listening to some music. I was using one of those small silver screw drivers that usually come in a set with five or six of them - they have the top part that spins. I also had a small jar that I was using to keep track of the screws. Well, I set the screw driver in the jar blade up. When I decided that I needed to get another tool from another room, the music and the beer moved me to jump rather spastically and run to the next room. I stepped right on the little screwdriver (I was bare foot) …Didn't realize it at first, I lied there wondering why my leg had collapsed out from under me. When I went to stand up, I could feel that something was wrong and looked down to see the thing fully impaled into the middle of my foot. (it was buried at least 2 inches - pulling that out was a bit creepy) I really contemplated going to the hospital, but decided that was silly and I was a little drunk so put a band aide on it went on with life. Good times.
  12. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    My friend accidentally shot me with a BB gun when I was 14. It bled for about 15 minutes, then the blood clotted around the wound with the BB still under my skin. Several months later at a doctor's appointment, I asked in passing if the BB would hurt anything. He just said "it will come out when it wants to." About six years later it started to pop through the skin. This time I decided to coax it a little bit with a pocket knife, and 5 minutes later, it was out. It was a little bit rusty, but it came out clean...
  13. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Oh my God - This one just reminded me of a time when I was in science class and one of my good friends was holding up some papers or a poster or something for THE TEACHER to staple to the bulletin board. The kid was a total S.A. and started popping off to the teacher who warned him to "be careful or I'll staple your hand to the wall." The kid being the class clown type he was actually dared him to do it, of course the teacher refused. It got a chuckle from the class so the kid carried on and actually screamed at him to do it - dared him and questioned his manhood. The teacher (an ex marine) apparently couldn't take having his manhood questioned and obliged the kids request. 6 or 8 times over. The class was shocked. The girls looked sick. The teacher laughed. My friend was shocked, but then laughed and said something like "there's staples in my arm - and I'm bleeding…" and then we all laughed it off while he picked the staples out of his fore arm. Aaahhh… more good times. This thread is fun.
  14. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Lawl matt, that teacher is so lucky they were not fired.
  15. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I almost cut off my big toe with an axe years ago. The shot I received in between my toes to numb my foot was the one of the worst pains I have ever experienced.

I also have stapled myself numerous times on accident. The huge, workshop style staples hurt very badly.
  16. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i once stabbed myself with a pencil and the lead is STILL under my skin.

*not really*

man was that old skool tb.
  17. First let me say that with a title like that I was expecting something.......alittle more interesting ;)

i have had a staple in me twice, first time was some accident and the second time was my own fault for being stupid :meh: That reminds me of a rusty nail.....but I will leave that story for another time and another thread.
  18. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    When my wife and I were in high school she was making herself a sandwich using the biggest knife she could find to apply the mayo :eyebrow: . Anyway she was listening to music and dancin around in the kitchen. She fell over and sliced her stomach. Had to go to the ER and get sown back up. The funny thing is that she was so embarassed she didn't want to go to the hospital. The nurses were cracking jokes about it and stuff...funny stuff :D

It's all good though...the little scar on her tummy is SEXAY! :oops:
  19. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX

I've done that myself with a pocket knife.
  20. When I was about 5 or 6 I found it fun to stick safety pins in myself........god knows if i got AIDs or summit, but i seem fine.