Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Oh My. (regarding get-togethers)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Jun 1, 2004.

1. http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~hostileintent/forum/index.php?showtopic=7744

I was thinking of all the localized TB get togethers that have happened, and was thinking wow, people are driving hours to meet some strangers who share common interests online. Check this out though--they're having a get-together from people on several continents, planning it months and months in advance-wow, now that's pretty amazing. Maybe we could do like a world TB gettogether! :p

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    We could get everyone registered here to come round my flat. Might have to move the furniture around or something tho. Its only little.

3. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Big meets like that are a screeching bastard to organize, and everybody has fun except the organizer.

Last fall, I helped organize a nationwide meet for people to come and race around on Deal's Gap for a weekend. Two days, I didn't sleep. Everybody loved it, though. Went off pretty much without a hitch.

4. ...now that i think about it, i live really near paul. we live in the same city. it would be weird if he were my neighbor or something...

5. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I'm game :cool: , but that would really be a pain to get it all organized. Even deciding a location would be tough.

6. giggity-giggity-giggity go!
    I'll bring the beer hat

....do i know any of you?

7. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Where in Tennesee are you, anyway?

Might we know each other?

8. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX

Antartica. Duh.

(Or maybe Washington DC. We could organize a huge mass of bassists to take over America... and then THE WORLD!!)

9. That'd be worth the trip to TX!!! Lets do it! :hyper: :hyper:

10. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX

Who said anything about Texas?

11. thinking of you:
    "...now that i think about it, i live really near paul. we live in the same city. it would be weird if he were my neighbor or something..."

Maybe I jumped the gun there, but that kinda made me assume that paul lives in TX. Therefore since he's the allmighty supermod and God of talkbass, i'd figure he'd have it near him. My vote's for st. louis though :)

12. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i met a tb'er in vegas.

but i didn't go to vegas especially to meet him, however much he would have liked to think that :D

13. As a host of 2 Atlanta TB GT's I can concur with the statement that everyone has fun except the orgainizer. The work was quite extensive. And seeing that everyone had what they needed was draining. Everyone else had a great time and that's important.

BTW, you might want to think about Atlanta as a site for several reasons - We are central to everything by plane, train, or car. We've done this thing before and know what to do. There's tons of hotels and transportation available. The area is fairly cheap in relation to other cities.

PS. Don't call me to host :scowl:

14. sorry. i'm lazy. i'm staying here.

15. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    Sounds good to me. I vote Atlanta.

16. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

The New York get together is in the works right now, we would really like to have as many people as possible so we will import out of state talk bassers to come. :D

17. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Oh, ok.

18. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Besides--I'm fairly certain that it's illegal to transport Snake Wine across state borders. :eyebrow: :help: :D