1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Oh, My shoulder!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by indian creeker, May 15, 2011.

1. indian creeker

indian creeker

Apr 30, 2011
    I have a new bass, and I also have a new pacemaker. The pacemaker is winning. I have a strap with the memory foam backing but it doesn't help. Because the strap rides on top of the pacemaker, it really digs in. It makes me want to throw the bass away. Any suggestions..........I'm not throwing the bass away, yet.
    Thanks a bunch,
    Dave

2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    sit ... a stool is the way to go, and you can still strap your bass and kind of sit on the edge of a tall stool with your right leg up on the rung (if your right handed) and left on the floor .. looks more like you are leaning if you are concerned about the looks of it, otherwise sit and enjoy your time playing ... I also use 4" Italia straps with suede inner thast keep the bass in place and slides less on the shoulder which helps ...

BTW, I hope your pacemaker keeps winning for many, many years to come :)

3. Just grab a stool and keep rocking.

4. BeyondFiredUp

BeyondFiredUp

Jan 29, 2005
    Texas
    all the above, and get a comfortstrap. they are a tad expensive (35.00 usd) but worth it.

5. touji

touji

Feb 12, 2009
    Williamsburg, VA
  6. indian creeker

indian creeker

Apr 30, 2011
    Thanks for the imput guys! It's not a big, big, deal, but it's something I would really miss if I had to give it up. I did find that a stool helped, and if I put a piece of "rubber maid" matte, used for lining shelves, across my leg, the guitar doesn't slip. Thanks again. Dave

7. Indian, I would suggest a Hofner they are great and extremely light weight
    and you do not have to get the violin shape if that isn't to your liking they have others like the h5002 Les paul shaped.Best of luck getting what you need to keep rocking the bottom