Oh my ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Aye, poor kid.
  2. What sickens me is this was only the 8th grade. Where has child innocence gone ?
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Got held back..still remains in 7th.
  4. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    That's horrible :( . These things just keep happening at a younger age. At least they know who did it. Anyone who does something like that deserves to be locked up for life.
  5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    that's just horrible
  6. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    Yea, it's horrible. This happened back in the beginning of February, though. When I heard about it then it was just so sickening... it was the talk of the saddened town (I also live in Miami)
  7. :eek: 40 times? That is really disturbing. I want to know what drove a 14 year old to do such a horrific act.
  8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Somebody probably called him a cheese weenie.
  11. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Blame Florida. Notice it was in Miami.

I blame Florida, and I've started threads to prove it.
  13. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I'm not too sure about that - I've read that Billy The Kid was killing men by age 12. :meh:
  14. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001

Brendan - Are you familiar with Adam Carola's Florida & Germany theory? (all evil originates from either Florida or Germany) I've heard him and Dr. Drew play a game on love line where they read a news story of some horrific thing that a person has done and have callers try to guess if it happened in Florida or Germany - pretty funny stuff.
  15. My brother called in to Love Line with that Vampire thing in Florida once...that was funny to listen to.
  16. The Urbs

The Urbs

Feb 23, 2004
    Its **** like this that gets me pissed. 40 times, where the hell is the decency (sp) in that!? Going for a new record or something? I hope those jerk offs get life, seriously there should be no tolerence for this stuff. :mad:

Brendon, what was the theories, interested?
  17. Where is the decensy in stabbing someone in the first place?
  18. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I dunno, I've met some people where 40 would display adimirable restraint.

My theory: Florida is such a wild place because of the heat. Bear with me for a second here. It's been proven time and time again that heat makes people get irritable and then mad, and on up through the ranks to utterly batguano crazy.

You say "But Brendan, what about all the other tropic and nigh tropic regions of the world?" I reply: yes, but I believe the US is markedly more uptight than pretty much any country in the heat zones. If not that, more "civilized" (for whatever that's worth), so people have enough time on their hands to go crazy, while in 2nd and 3rd world countries, they're to busy trying to live to go start flying solo and blind in the jungle of bonkers. They have easier laws, so they can cut loose and generally have a good time without remorse or worry, which is not true in America (By and large, even if you are over 21).

Thusly, Florida is in a unique position, perfect for whack-jobs, crazies, psychos, headcases, and Burt Reynolds.

I also blame TV, but I blame TV on everything from the fall of the Roman Empire to syphilis, so take that with a grain of salt.

That, and we've also got better media coverage of our happenings than others. Probably just as whack stuff happening all over the world, we just don't hear about it.