1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OH MY!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by quadebass17, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    That would have been a killer bass if it wasn't beat to death. Especially the headstock!:eek:

2. Jared92

Jared92

Nov 1, 2007
    Fairfax VA
    Whats wrong with this persons english!? and their modding decisions... :oops:

3. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    On the one hand, it's all screwed up. But on the other hand, it has that sweet thumb rest.

4. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    I was cool with it until I read that the frets were removed. Then I wept.

5. i'd rock it! :bassist:

theyre most likely french canadians

6. haha "its got character" is about the only thing i can say about it....

that dude has issues i think. Im pretty sure it doesn't sound too good....

7. falstro

falstro Good Bassists Don't Forget Anything

I guess it's a good thing we can't see the guy's face in the fisrt picture!:bag:

8. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Sad yes, but there isn't anything there that can't be retored. It would need a solid color finish to cover the repairs but given the price of these, it might be worth the restoration.

9. But I don't brag about it. ;)

To paraphrase Maki, I've seen worse.

10. ditto, that looks like an awesome weekend afternoons project

11. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Since it's all butchered up anyway, I'd fill the holes, pop in two Darkstars, and refinish with a solid color, put a laminate on the headstock, and replace the logo.

12. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    $199? Why not? If it were $1900, it'd be a joke.

13. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    This is an excellent illustration of why old instruments in original condition are so rare. I myself have an early 60's Melody Maker that I should have left as it was, but no, I just had to "improve" it.

14. It's just an old bass that has led a hard life. Without a major rebuild, it's either a beater or firewood.

15. CraigG

CraigG

Mar 14, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Yeah, it's a shame to see. On the other hand, 50 years from now it may be likened to a work by Picasso. :meh:

16. I was going to say it would make a excellent weekend project until i saw the extent of the damage and then I noticed that p bass pickup. So that now puts it firmly out of the "a few hours work and it will be usable" category and places it into the "**** load of work needed" category. Still could be a nice custom if you had the time and skills to restore it to a semi original condition. I definitely don't :(

17. Piedro

Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    is this poor beast's short scale? cause i'm 20 minutes from that guys...

it's kind of tempting ( sorry my bad english too.... but not as bad than his english , i think!)

ok the more i look at it... the more i see the job, ****load of job!