Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

oh my

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BillyBishop, Mar 8, 2003.

1. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    My family was eating supper tonight and my dad says "guess what I have in the freezer"...my sister keeps guessing until she guesses right.

Squirrel.

Im not even joking.

His friend gave it to him, he intends to eat it and everything. I went downstairs to check in the freezer to see if he was joking and I found it. It has no head or skin. Ugh.

*puts on straw hat and tunes banjo*

2. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    billy..

dude.. if its frozen.. you know what you do!?!?

Get 2 other of its squirell friends and rub them together and start a camp fire.. and... well thaw out the other squirel.. you might wanna shave it though.. cause you dont want its hair to sinjed.

sinjed squirell hair smells of donkay poopy

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Hey, ya ever ate possum, that's some good eating.

Hell, ya aught to try it sometime, I tell ya man, it's good eating. Possum, raccoons, even zebra meat, cooks up pretty good.

Pigeons. Pigeons are good too. Sometimes, they come with notes attached...it's like...a fortune cookie with wings.

Squirrels...squirrels are not that good, they...taste like goldfish...meat's real stringy...ya know what I mean?

4. Dave, where have I heard that before?:confused:

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    :eek:

At least McDonalds have the decency to pretend that you're getting beef, when they give you roadkill :D

6. My dogs have had squirrel before. They didn't say what it was like though.;):rolleyes:

Actually, I am up for trying it..... but I'm not saying I'll like it.

7. I betcha it's like chicken.

Ackyuck.

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    My dad's eaten squirrel before, and described it as "gamey." I never asked how he got around to eating though....

9. My dad used to hunt squirrels with a shotgun. I'm not sure what it accomplished, as the squirrel would be blown to bits.

10. I've killed and eaten squirrel. Not enough meat.

11. wow, there's a lot of weirdos out there

12. thanks for ruining the burger i just took a bite out of with this post:(

13. Come a-listen to my story 'bout a man named Jed . . .

14. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    It's the same as hunting birds with a shotgun... 'Birdshot' contains many small pellets... you pick them out prior to cooking...

-robert

15. Take it from a guy that knows - one single squirrel isn't going to feed anybody. Squirrel is best when done up in a stew or browned then put in gravy but it's gonna take about 4 for every person at the table.

There's lotsa good eatin' from critters that you've got to obtain in bulk to have a good meal - dove, rabbit, channel catfish, mussels, quail, baby octopus, smelt, conch, crawfish.

And I've had weirder - alligator, turtle, snake, bull testicles, and deer brains.

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

"It ALL tastes like Chicken!"

17. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    I saw it again

It has no feet either

:bawl:

18. shoot, id eat squirrel, nothing wrong with it, nothin wrong atall.

my last band i was in, our singer ate dried cow poopy for 5 dollars. i think thats where i would cross the line.

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Squirrel definitely doesn't taste like chicken (it also doesn't sound like a freight train). As has been said it's pretty gamey in general but I've heard it makes good stew. I've had it grilled and fried. Not something I really enjoy that much but I've had it a few times (we have a house on our ancestral land where there's a lot of wild game and someone is always hunting something it seems). I also tried racoon once. My boss at work was a real, certified redneck and he brought a racoon up to work when we were having a cookout and grilled it up. I just took a bite to see what racoon tastes like. Kinda spongy, not as gamey as I thought it would be. ;)

brad cook