Oh no, first gig in a week's time!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Tom Crofts, Jun 24, 2001.

1. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    I have my first gig in my first band next friday at my school, it's my year's leaving assembly and we've got one song RATM - Sleep Now In The Fire but we don't know what other song to do. I'm working all of next week except that day and monday. We have one more day of practice and then that's it and we haven't even decided which other song we're gonna do!!! We all want to do Detachable Penis except for the singer (although I keep having 2nd thoughts about it) and we haven't rehearsed it once.

However we have Sleep Now absolutely nailed. Any suggestions for a guitary kinda song (but really easy)? And easy drumming as well. And easy singing. And easy bass...:)

Sorry I just felt I had to tell someone about this. I'll keep you all posted.

PS any suggestions are very helpful (even if they're not):)
  2. how about lit- "my own worst enemy"? drop dead easy and fun to play, too. OR, if you really want the crowd to go nuts, go with my crowd pleaser: "machine head", by bush.
  3. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    I promise you they won't like it. Most of them won't anyway... They all like 'garage' music, I don't know if you have that in America but it really does blow. So they'll probably beat us up after. I've already hit one of them round the head with my SDGR cos he tried to hit me. He fell over, I thought he was gonna cry :D. We were practising at school and they were looking in the window, we were doing rearranged so the singer started putting in these other lyrics about how ugly and stupid they all were (he's right) and they got really angry at the end and 'stormed' the room...:)

I don't know about Lit. We were thinking of doing Break Stuff as we've been given permission to do it!!! The drummer has too deep a snare though and he can't get it right. Doesn't make much difference really. And it'd be a cool song to end our conventional school careers on...:):D
  4. furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    There's always For Whom the Bell Tolls. I don't know how easy/hard the guitar parts are, but the bass is pretty simple. My only problem is that I have a tendency to zone out and forget what I'm doing whenever I play that song. ;)

Or you could go for another RATM song and play Killing in the Name, which seems to be a real crowd-pleaser for us, as well as being fairly easy to learn and play.
  5. mr. roboto

mr. roboto

Jun 25, 2001
    try an n'blink song. I hate them, but their songs are major crowd pleasers. btw killing in name is also a good suggestion.
  6. if you're going the RATM route, "know your enemy" is great. a nice little minimalist slap intro, and a distorted bass breakdown at the end. you'll be a hero.
  7. Newsted

Jun 24, 2001
    i think the easyest song could be Black sabbath paranoid and iron man
  8. MelonSnapple

Dec 2, 2007
    Sweet Child of mine is obscenely easy or you could do e-pro by beck
  9. bassphreak

bassphreak Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    easy....lets see
    you've got another thing comin - Judas Priest
    go with the flow - Queens of the Stone Age
    Schools Out?!?!?!?!
    Would - AiC
  10. For the bass player, but what about they lead guitarist? He better be a god to pull off Slash's solos in that song.
  11. Play some Green Day. Cool bass lines, easy guitar parts and the drums don't sound too hard. Longview sounds awesome and is easy to play.
  12. scrove

Mar 7, 2005

I'm pretty sure this guy's played his gig by now.
  13. MaxZolt

Aug 21, 2007
    Westport, CT
    I wonder how it went...we should have a TB version of "Where are they now?" for people in old threads that have been resurrected.
  14. Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    You think? :smug: