Oh No I'm Hooked On Yu GI Oh

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Uforia, Jan 22, 2003.

1. I am a big anime fan especialy japanime.

I was already into the older anime.
    Then My daughter got me into sailor moon.
    I went and bought the whole first series.

Then my son got me into Dragon ballz, Tenchi, Gundam Wing, cowboy bebop, and the others.

Now he has me like so hooked on Yu GI Oh.

I have started looking for it on DVD. I need help!:D
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I really like Cowboy bebop....and Spiritied away, and Princess Mononoke...other than that...I'm not a big fan....I don't know ANYTHING about yu-gi-oh
  3. It's beginning to make a fashion statement.

My son has Yu GI Oh hair.

And I've noticed lot's of other people have
    the Yu GI Oh Do.
  4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I saw something of this on TV - what a crap idea!! I mean a TV show about a kiddie's card game !! :rolleyes:

If they had a British version it would be Happy Families - "have you got Mr. Bun the Baker?"

5. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    That would be quite a thing to see!

well ok... it'd get old REAL fast...
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't know why, but I hate all anime with a passion. All the characters seem the same, all the plotlines seem the same, especially Dragon Ball whatever. Every episode it is like, "You must fight the mightiest." Then some guy jumps up who looks like a pokemon and goes "OH!" and then they fight and it's like, "You must continue your journey to fight he who is mightier." I've watched it with my brothers several times. Plus I use to know an anime freak who watched anime all the time. It just seemed boring to me. Impressive animation, but boring.
  7. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Haha:D My younger bro has like hundreds of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards and watches the show all teh time...sadly I have seen many of the episodes and sort of enjoyed them..I have even played the card game once or twice...Fortunately, I am going sane again and have freed myself from the clutches of the evil anime monster!
  8. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    You know, I was never into anime. I completely agree with Stupid Matt (not so stupid this time.:D). Yugioh is probably the crappiest idea for a cartoon that I have ever seen or heard about. The cards have to be the biggest waste of time and money out there. :rolleyes:
  9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well - this is what's it's all about isn't it - selling "product" to little kids! :rolleyes:

It's just about Marketing to children too young to understand that they're being targeted! :mad:

I think this kind of thing is immoral - like "hooking" under 5s on heroin - and has been banned in enlightened countries like Sweden.
  10. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Looking at it from that angle, in the view of yugiohs 'owners', it's a hell of a good idea, sorry to sound cheap but it is.

Think about it; remember when we were kids, for example I used to watch ghost busters, and longed for an....erm... (forgot the name) them ecto plasm gun things. So, if kids watching yugioh get hooked on it, they can actually tie into the cartoon via its cardsgame, unlike us when we were 8 :p
  11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    my wife and i started watching adult swim on cartoon network one night a few weeks ago, and before we knew it we watched it for 2 hours.

i wouldn't say we particularly liked what we saw. personally i think much of the animation is wretched on the more popular shows, but i must admit we were fascinated. sorta like gawking at a car wreck, i guess.
  12. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    If you like Yu Gi Oh then it's time for a shameless promo for my place of work. At your local spencer gifts they sell the cards in a variety of packages running from $1.99-$30 for the huge tin. We also sell the little spin around thingamajggies. Ok-end of promo. From what i've seen on the packages & stuff is that they're similar to the other 100k different other cartoon & card games. Thats all
  13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

There needs to be some new kid fad to bleed parents dry.
  14. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000

ps: I enjoy some of it [​IMG] still, I haven't spent a dime on it
  15. one word...kazaa

for those that don't know, it is the god of all p2p programs, you can get anything there, i got so much anime and funny 'toons you wouldn't believe it...then ther is the music...and the movies...and the quickees...and the por....ummmmmm, the, uh por...ky the pig, yea, porky the pig stuff, that's the ticket!:D

but, why yugioh? i don't know if there is a lot of yugioh on kazza, but there probably is...
  16. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

17. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    I like pokemon. Poke Mon owns all. Don't even try to argue with that.
  18. i love adult swim. mostly its pretty mindless, but i still think "home movies" is brilliant.
    anime, however, is just not for me.
  19. home movies is the GOD of all comedy cartoons, a small step behind would be the remakes of old action shows they have on Adult Swim that are purosely stupid (like sealab 2021)...

i take that back, Simpsons is the best, home movies is second, the others tie for 3rd...