1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Oh no...my 7 yr old daughter put stickers on my vintage Fender!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by capnjim, Feb 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. madbass6

madbass6 Banned

Jan 13, 2009
    I do not give consent to use any of my photos ! please respect that. thank you.
    What should you do? Love her even more!
    what else can you do! Besides that Bass is obviously not all original
    as soon as who ever decided to add that pickup to it it lost most of its vintage market value anyways! :in fact in my opinion your beautiful little angel just added something even better and priceless to it "sentimental value"! again priceless! and it's alott more then it will ever be worth in the vintage market ! Not to mention a very cool story for the future grand kids! :)

2. CGremlin

CGremlin Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I'm surprised no one has asked this yet - what are the best stickers for metal?

3. leesbrushes

leesbrushes

Jan 5, 2015
    aurora il
    none
    Fender put some girly stickers on a black p bass once..
    A red heart with wings.
    I think they called it a Peter wince..:facepalm:

4. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    I think the OP put them on awhile back and he thinks its corney now so he used his daughter as an excuse...:roflmao::smug:

5. Robus

Robus

Aug 25, 2013
    Chicago Area
    Leave them on there. Some things are worth more than vintage.

6. Mosstone

Mosstone

Jun 20, 2009
    Heh... Yeah, I don't use it as a lubricant.

I can attest that on a poly finish, it doesn't harm it one bit. I don't know for sure about nitro, but I don't see why it would. It's not a volatile organic solvent.

You can use oil to remove some stickers, but not others. Different adhesives and materials react to different solvents.

7. HaphAsSard

HaphAsSard

Dec 1, 2013
    Italia
    Shaking my head at most responses... How the OP can be interpreted other than tongue-in-cheek escapes me. :)
    (But I suppose all the advice on how to remove stickers is useful from a 'forum as a database' perspective.)

If I were you I'd follow another poster's advice and ask for ways to protect the stickers - without ruining them, as another pointed out.
    Man, you really had to go and do it, didja? Just as when you had this one as your avatar, mouth won't budge from the AAAAAW position. OK, I give up, where do I turn in my man card?

8. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I didn't read the whole thread but I am assuming we've at least discussed the idea of firing the daughter, right?

9. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    This. So much this.