Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Oh no not another!!! Warning this thread may make you sick!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by odie, May 28, 2003.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

well I just got a new gu*tar. Ive always played a little but its been awhile since I had an electric. The pics of the full body didnt turn out. So just if your wondering its a Hamer and my first ebay buy!!

[​IMG]

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    purdy!!! I dig the flame!

3. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    as much as I'd like to say "TRAITOR!" or "TAKE YOUR SKINNY STRINGS SOMEWHERE ELSE!"....I won't.

That looks kinda like my cousin's guitar, so it's all good I guess.

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

Still a low-ender. Just something to write on and to make it easier to get the point across to the guitarist in my band!!:eek:

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    People! Stop feeling guilty for buying guitars, and for Pete's sake (not that Pete cares, as far as I know), stop censoring the word guitar!!

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    cool deal, I've got a hot rodded 90's Squier Strat & J-station to help me with the same :cool:

7. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    THANK YOU, Moley!

I know that most of the knocks against guitars and guitarists are made in the spirit of fun but some of the younger members seem to be picking up on it as being serious.

To any of you that may not realize it, if you play bass guitar YOU ARE A GUITARIST. At least technically. :)

The guitarist is your friend! Without the guitarist, most bassists can not entertain a crowd.

On the other hand the percentage of real nut cases seems to be much higher among guitarists than bassists.

And then there are drummers............

I could tell true stories about wacked out drummers all night. Sadly, just like guitarists, they're a necessary evil.

Pkr2

8. drummers are dumb, well not really the dont think befor the act thats why there suck great drummers.

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    :confused:
    What??? I've read that a 1/2 dozen times and I just cannot figure out what you are trying to say.

10. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I dig the look of that... it looks alot like a PRS... very nice! :D

11. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Whats up with most drummers having shaved heads???

12. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Such a short post, yet so incoherant. What are you trying to say to us, warwickben? You do appear to be trying to communicate, but nothing's getting through.

13. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    Hmm.....
    Drummers are dumb...well not really but they don't think before they act. That's why they're such great drummers.

....wait a minute, that still doesn't make any sense!!

14. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    You gotta wonder about guys who express themselves by banging on things.

15. I play guitar. That's how I started, that's what I write on, that's what I record demos with, sometimes that's how I learn the chord changes of a song before I learn the bass line! And besides, it's often theraputic to bash out some Ramones chord changes sometimes (in more ways than one - when I had a mild carpal tunnel scare several years ago, bashing out "Teenage Lobotomy" and "Pinhead" did wonders to alleviate the pain.)

16. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Paper is cheaper.

17. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    My guitar was never very good, but I like it anyway. I can't play anything on it worth $#1+, but thats ok, I will figger the damn thing out soon enough.

I'm posting pics whether people like it or not. stand in awe at its many switches and LEDs.....

18. Turock: Are you suggesting guitarists can be paper-trained??!!:D ;)

Odie: Nice geetar, man! As the sock said, it looks sort of PRS-ish. Very cool.:cool:

19. calling a bass a "bass guitar" is like calling a panda a "panda bear"

when in fact a panda is really a racoon, and a bass is its own instrument:bassist:

20. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Let's not open that can of worms again.

Bass guitar is part of the guitar family - deal with it :D