1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

oh oh.. I'm listening to metal...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by crispygoat, Mar 13, 2008.

1. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    For some reason, I don't know why, but I've been listening to

since yesterday....

I don't know what's "ok" about it.. I guess the bass sounds fantastic.. lyrics are kinda creepy-ish cool...

boy do I hate metal though.. this deserves a :atoz:

2. No my thing . . . and I do like metal :p

3. Protest The Hero is amazing, as well as is their bassist. The lyrics on that whole album are very good, and written by the bassist as well. It is definitely more than your every day metal.

4. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Not my flavor.

5. Yeah, I guess you're just not metal enough for them :p

6. I'm not metal enough for that.

7. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Since when did metal sound like that?... I'm so out of the loop with this genre ****...

8. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Matt Barlow, alone, without all his hair, is more metal than everything that band has accomplished, every band they've ever toured with, and every venue they've ever played in.

I call this false evil.

You want true evil, you know where to find it.

9. Ah, most metal doesn't really sound like that. Metalcore and Hardcore of some of the most popular genres around these days.

Protest The Hero is pretty unique and the only bands I can think of that are very similar are Between The Buried And Me and The Human Abstract.

PTH is very progressive metal with mathy elements mixed in.

10. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Saw them open for Dragonforce, in Cleveland OH.

The whole crowd turned their backs and threw up the one-finger salutes.

Even with all of Dragonforce's cheesiness, gayness, foolishness and drunken stupors, they were still a better show than Protest The Awful.

I can name a dozen better front men than that clown.

11. Firstly, Tim Owens was way better in my opinion.

Secondly, that is a pretty harsh statement there buddy, more metal than everything that band has accomplished and every band they've toured with? You need to chill!

12. mjolnir

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    So... define "most metel".

13. How long ago was this if I may ask? Protest is still fairly young, I am sure that they weren't that experienced when you saw them. Also, their latest album is drastically different than their previous stuff, much more refined.

14. Uh, that's how to define. There are so many god damn subgenres it is hard to keep it up with it sometimes haha

Progressive Metal, Hardcore, Mathcore, Metalcore, Neo-Classical, Death Metal, Black Metal, Symphonic Metal, you name it... they are all out there, and distinctively different. I hate genres and labeling bands personally, but you can always get a good idea what category a band is in from hearing them.

15. mjolnir

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    That's what gets me about the whole "metal" scene, it's been split and split and split until it's not even a genre anymore. Hell, I've heard it used much more as an adjective than a noun these days anyway.

16. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    so I guess it's not THAT metalish.. so I'm safe ? ..sounds fine to me :)

17. I'm with Bryan here, That's not my flavour.
    And what with the Gayish scream at the beggining, Even if it's a joke that's just bad.
    These kind of bands play a bunch of licks paste together and the songs become a show of "look what I can play"

18. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    [​IMG]

... I rather scream like that as a joke than honestly wearing any of their outfits.

19. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Dragonforce's first tour in the U.S. I think fall of 2006.

20. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit

But they got INFINITE more poontang than Protest The Hero.

INFINITE.