Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Oh procrastination......

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Im a sock, May 8, 2003.

1. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    How many of you commonly procrastinate by going to ALL the boards and reading every new post? I just did that, and now I'm writing this for the sole purpose of NOT working on my final paper.

Dear, dear me.

2. i visit here, quick skim like always, then go play bass. :)

3. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    problem: if I start playing bass right now, my paper will never ever get done. And i mean that. Never. Ever.

4. there ya go then! problem solved :p

:)

5. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    lol.... maybe for me... but it still doesnt get me any closer to comparing current and regan-era ballistic missle defense strategy as well as the support for these plans....

dah..must....resist...bass...

6. yeah, i have a final project/presentation to do for a class and it's not getting close to done any time soon.

7. i'm supposed to be doing my ten-page research papaer on jazz right now.
    [edit: it's gotta be done before the weekend]

but i'm not.;)

8. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    at least your topic is interesting. here, do this one for me:

Do you think that opponents of the current US military intervention in Iraq made the right arguments? Based on your readings of Klare and Nye and knowledge of earlier peace movement campaigns, what do you think they should have said to achieve wider support? Were their arguments relevant? Were those advanced by France? Explain.

9. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I was gonna procrastinate, but I put it off till later.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Too Long. Didn't read.

11. uh.... my brain hurts.
    go to my thread in misc. and help me with my paper!

12. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Right now I'm procrastinating on a paper on the UN that is due tommarow. I really wish I hadn't waited so long to start this. Oh well, thats the way it goes.

13. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'll reply later.

14. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    When I was taking lessons back in the day my bass teacher had a shirt that said, "I have not yet begun to procrastinate." I wish I had one of those shirts. I'll look for one later.

15. It's amazing how interesting and time-consuming cleaning and other trivial pursuits can become when a biiiig essay is due.

I have a 1500ish word essay on the effect of the "PEST" marketing *something* on mainstream music 1960-present day due soon. Or something along those lines. I better go look at the essay question soon.